A good idea?

Pallasar

Hi all,

Just a quick thought from a new member.....(me)

I was just reading a post and came across a line saying "the typical cracked coolant pipe behind the engine" relating to the FSI model.

What i'd love to be able to read (and perhaps would be really helpful to others) is a thread dedicated to each of the engine types of A2 and common things that go wrong and how to avoid them (as much as possible).

Take this coolant hose for example. We all know the horrendous bills that can amount from sudden coolant loss / overheating etc. It most likely would be a good idea to routinely replace this hose with a new one every say 12 to 24 months if that eradicated this possible fault.

Along this line of thinking, Ive emailed earlier today Liqui Moly in Germany to see what benefit or problems could be gained / caused by using injector cleaner once a month or every 2 months etc. The reason for my enquiry is after owning my FSI sport with 54K for just 7 days the EML light came on.My OBD scanner showed multiple misfire and there was the odd blip on idling. I added some injector cleaner to it and some fresh super unleaded and cleared the fault. 200 miles ish of driving in all conditions and no more blips, and no more EML. My point is perhaps on these engines as they are a bit more "fussy" a higher degree of preventative care is needed to see them into a healthy old age?

Its clear there is a lot of knowledge and experience on here but I think it would be great to have some simple guides to help us newbies to A2 ownership :)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
?......... I think it would be great to have some simple guides to help us newbies to A2 ownership :)

Thoughts?

At this time of night my thoughts might be a bit disjointed but you asked!

1. You may not have found the 'How To'. Lots of basic stuff here

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?48-How-to

2. Even more on the larger German A2 club - Google translate helps but mangles technical stuff.

3. It is devil to find stuff on here, even though it's there - the internal search is hard work. Often get more joy with a Google search of 'A2OC <whatever you are after>' and keep refining <whatever>. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past with the imminent software upgrade.

4. If you are DIY there is some help with ElsaWin.

5. A weak point/preventative mainatainance (not quite the same as regular servicing) is a good idea, but it needs experts (not me!) on here , per A2 variant, to chip in. It is asking a lot of voluntary work. I suppose what you mean is weak design faults, such as the petrol flap and the coolant pipe you mention.

6. If you are concerned about the coolant pipe it is not a 'replace job every two years job'. Not easy to do = lots of labour time, highly inaccessible, dropping/tilting engine, although I have read of members on here (if you can ever find it!) who have replaced in situ. Even heard of specially made tools (18" pliers a bit it like the tongs in old fireplaces) and bloody grazed knuckles. The pipe is plastic and cotsts about £30 and tends to crack after ten years (ish).

I had better go to to bed before I ramble on some more.

Goodnight - Andy

Last edited:
Guys, does anyone have a part number for the pipe Andrew refers to in his reply please; )

I believe it's part number 032 121 065D, as shown here (30)

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 08.04.37.png

Back