Fiting Audi rear drinks holder

Hi all - I was about to set at my rear drinks holder installation when I noticed in the guide it says I need a T35 security torx bit. Now, I've got a 40, and the 30, but not a 35. I went to 3 separate tools shops in Richmond/Twickenham today and none of them sell a T35 at all. My question is, before I start removing the rear seat and pulling up carpet, is the T35 in this guide a mistake? If so, what is the actual torx size of the bolts on the car floor? If it's not a mistake, can anyone help me with sourcing a T35 Security torx bit?

If it's the key for the bolts holding the rear seat bracket, then the instructions are way off:

The bolts used are M8 x 35mm 12-point security bits. Getting hold of these can be tricky and sets are usually expensive too. Don't try to force it with a torx bit or allen key, as you'll round off the bolt making removal impossible.

Cheers,

Mike

If it's the key for the bolts holding the rear seat bracket, then the instructions are way off:

The bolts used are M8 x 35mm 12-point security bits. Getting hold of these can be tricky and sets are usually expensive too. Don't try to force it with a torx bit or allen key, as you'll round off the bolt making removal impossible.

Cheers,

Mike

Eer now Im confused is that not a Torx bit then? Were do I find these other bits? This was supposed to be an easy mod!

Dan, I had the same trouble you had. However Mike kindly gave me a set of the right torx bits when he was here doing the cruise control fitting. I still have to fit my rear cup holder (the fittings were not originally supplied with the cup holder by VAGParts and I have just paid another £16 to get some more - to be fair, my original order was about 18 months old). Assuming my fittings turn up this week, you are welcome to come over next weekend (or whenever is convenient for you) and we could fit both of our cup holders at the same time.
More hands, lighter work etc? Just an idea

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
How much !

Like the look of these
Until I saw the price

£78 plus shipping on eBay

From Stoke Audi

Think I'll leave it

Back