Replacing Stereo

Strongbow

Hi

I'm replacing my Double din Symphony stereo with a Sony one. Question is will there be gaps after the install or will I need Facia adapters??

Regards Rob

Hi

I'm replacing my Double din Symphony stereo with a Sony one. Question is will there be gaps after the install or will I need Facia adapters??

Regards Rob

It will Almost certainly need Fascia adapters, even across the Audi range where the same system exists in each model, there are several different fascia involved.

Have you considered the RNS E instead?

Steve B

Hi

Ok thanks!!

I want low level outputs!!

Regards Rob

Not sure what they are? I am not that into "electrickery" like that.

I am not sure why the Sony unit would have them and the standard Audi (especially the RNS E) wouldn't?

(Unless you mean outlets for MP3 players etc that are easily accessible???

Steve B

Last edited:
Hi Rob,
I may well be able to design and 3D print you a custom fascia if you are able to provide accurate measurements

I have done the same for the 2Din aftermarket Sat Nav touch screen head unit, I also used 3D printed mounts for the head unit
Have a look in the 3D printed parts thread

Cheers,
Paul

Hi

Regards Rob

Yes, you'll need adapters for certain. These will be cheek pieces as the Symphony is wider than the standard DIN dimensions, so your Sony headhunt will be narrower and there'll be a gap at the sides. Sadly, Audi don't do a double DIN adapter and although you can get them for other Audis (there's one that I've seen for the A4 for example), they're pricey and you'd still need to trim them to size.

Hi Rob,
I may well be able to design and 3D print you a custom fascia if you are able to provide accurate measurements

I have done the same for the 2Din aftermarket Sat Nav touch screen head unit, I also used 3D printed mounts for the head unit
Have a look in the 3D printed parts thread

Cheers,
Paul

Hi

Ok thanks Paul will take a look

Regards Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back