Leccy Windows...

zilspeed

Or not.

Front windows only are electric on my 2002 1.4, with keep fit windows in the back.

Zero response and neither front window does anything.

Both switches are illuminated.
Have checked fuses 39 - 41, both fine.
Central locking works fine.
Windows don't respond to pressing and holding the remote - nothing.

Having disconnected the battery and reconnected.

No difference.

I guess that I now need to see what voltage appears at the motor terminal when I press the switch, to see if 'both' motors are dead.

I also guess there might be an issue with wiring to the door, at the A pillar.

Then CCU, if all of that checks out ok ?

Other than that, I do love it. It's everything I thought it would be.

Thoughts ?

With the door panel off you can check all of the connectors first, The driver's door being the place to start.

Steve B

Or not.

Front windows only are electric on my 2002 1.4, with keep fit windows in the back.

Zero response and neither front window does anything.

Both switches are illuminated.
Have checked fuses 39 - 41, both fine.
Central locking works fine.
Windows don't respond to pressing and holding the remote - nothing.

Having disconnected the battery and reconnected.

No difference.

I guess that I now need to see what voltage appears at the motor terminal when I press the switch, to see if 'both' motors are dead.

I also guess there might be an issue with wiring to the door, at the A pillar.

Then CCU, if all of that checks out ok ?

Other than that, I do love it. It's everything I thought it would be.

Thoughts ?

Hi,

the main high power fuses for the electric windows aren't in the fuse box under the headlight switch. They are stuck on the side of the connector point behind the lower A pillar trim. Front windows on one side and rear windows on the other. I think the front windows are on the left side and rear on the right. They are a 30A fuse which slots onto the side of the connector carrier.

This supplies the think red wire with the black stripe to the window motor controller in the door. This fuse goes straight to the main perminant supply so you should be able to test for a voltage at the connector to the motor at any time.

The window winder motor has built into it an electronic control module for everything in the door. It controls the door lock release and also the door mirror positioning. The switches in that door connects directly to the controller so if the controller has power and is working, the switches in that door should at least control it. When the window switch in the driver's door is pressed for another door, the driver's door module sends a message over the CAN BUS to tell the other door's module to open or close the window. The module also receives messages from the CCU to lock and unlock the doors and also the windows from the remote key fob.

If the switches on the door itself aren't doing anything, it could be power related or the door control module (in the window motor assembly) has failed. If it has failed, it hasn't done completly as it is still locking and un-locking the door.

regards

Andrew

Hi,

the main high power fuses for the electric windows aren't in the fuse box under the headlight switch. They are stuck on the side of the connector point behind the lower A pillar trim. Front windows on one side and rear windows on the other. I think the front windows are on the left side and rear on the right. They are a 30A fuse which slots onto the side of the connector carrier.

This supplies the think red wire with the black stripe to the window motor controller in the door. This fuse goes straight to the main perminant supply so you should be able to test for a voltage at the connector to the motor at any time.

The window winder motor has built into it an electronic control module for everything in the door. It controls the door lock release and also the door mirror positioning. The switches in that door connects directly to the controller so if the controller has power and is working, the switches in that door should at least control it. When the window switch in the driver's door is pressed for another door, the driver's door module sends a message over the CAN BUS to tell the other door's module to open or close the window. The module also receives messages from the CCU to lock and unlock the doors and also the windows from the remote key fob.

If the switches on the door itself aren't doing anything, it could be power related or the door control module (in the window motor assembly) has failed. If it has failed, it hasn't done completly as it is still locking and un-locking the door.

regards

Andrew

Jeepers !

So, a bit more complex.

I guess it's still worth my while checking this 30A fuse on the front A pillar then, as a first test ?

Would the locking and mirrors still work if the fuse was blown ?

(Top advice guys, thank you !!)

I snagged a CCCU from eBay and stuck it in.

The windows work !!

Now I need to get the remotes coded to it.

Old one back in temporarily until I can meet up with someone to get the coding done. Remote Central locking more important than windows right now.

Result !!

Back