Finally moving on.....

Adrian888

A2OC Donor
Well after 10 years of A2 custodianship the time came today to move on..... as some may recall I have also been around the forum for almost as long albeit for various personal reasons (and absolutely nothing to do with the forum or its ‘management’j simply had to concentrate my energies elsewhere for the past year. After months of weighing up various options from Suzuki Ignis (very spacious and in that respect a worthy A2 alternative, fun to drive but cheap plasticky interior) through the new MG ZS (a lot of car for the money) and various other VAG offerings Today we finally placed an order for a new SEAT Arona for delivery early next year. We have yet to drive one however having driven the new Ibiza to which the Arona is very closely related we decided to take a chance. So, without wishing to fall foul of forum rules however due to lack of space to keep three cars I will very regrettably be offering my A2 on here early next year and hope it goes to a good home!

Well after 10 years of A2 custodianship the time came today to move on..... as some may recall I have also been around the forum for almost as long albeit for various personal reasons (and absolutely nothing to do with the forum or its ‘management’j simply had to concentrate my energies elsewhere for the past year. After months of weighing up various options from Suzuki Ignis (very spacious and in that respect a worthy A2 alternative, fun to drive but cheap plasticky interior) through the new MG ZS (a lot of car for the money) and various other VAG offerings Today we finally placed an order for a new SEAT Arona for delivery early next year. We have yet to drive one however having driven the new Ibiza to which the Arona is very closely related we decided to take a chance. So, without wishing to fall foul of forum rules however due to lack of space to keep three cars I will very regrettably be offering my A2 on here early next year   and hope it goes to a good home!

Hi Adrian,

Sorry to hear that you are no longer going to be an A2 owner.

You will be missed on here.

Best wishes
Steve B

To echo Steve's comments and as someone who has known you a very long time, Adrian, you are a gentleman and a credit to the club and your regular input will be missed.

I've also not been around the club for a couple of years now, but I have returned and am enjoying a new-found interest in all things A2. Although I've never not owned an A2 since 2002, but have taken a sabbatical for a while, perhaps there'll be a time in the future when you're in a position to re-kindle your love affair with another A2 and be back as a contributor to the club. One thing is for sure, with their legendary build quality and natural rust free nature, there'll be A2s around should you want one ten years down the line.

Take care and all the best for the future.

Mike's comment above says it all, really. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours, motoring and anotherwise, but may you one day return to the A2 and A2OC.

Auf Wiedersehen,

Tom

Thanks for all the kind comments, I am genuinely taken aback and good to hear from some familiar names! The Arona is for SWMBO and in spite of me trying to persuade otherwise my OH simply doesn’t get ‘classic’ cars. I now drive a Passat Alltrack, not the most exciting of cars however it was bought to tow the Caravan without resorting to a full fat 4x4 SUV. Without somewhere secure to park the A2 the option of keeping It is a non starter especially when we have the Caravan by the house too. The next few weeks will give me a chance to give the A2 some TLC and sort out a few bits and pieces prior to sale. I will keep an eye on the forum and update when the car is advertised on here.

Hi Adrian, sorry that your leaving but no one really leaves the club or the A2, so, hope you'll be back! :)

Sarge

Good news/bad news..... we have been offered an upspecced Arona from stock for very little more money.... :) almost too good a deal to say no to..... have to take it this month so the A2 is now advertised in the for sale section on here :-(

Last edited:
All the best to you Adrian - enjoy your time with the Arona, won't be a patch on an A2, and you'll doubtless be getting another one in a few years time. Take care cocker.

Back