Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: replacement Intercooler options

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireHill View Post
    Hi Nick

Sorry to hear about your failed intercooler on a much cherished A2.

One option for replacement could be fitting one of the intercoolers that are likely to be available soon when some members change over from the new batch of all-alloy intercoolers.

I have ordered one of these and therefore would have a discarded OEM unit available. I don't know a date for the work yet but if you are able to wait, I can find out a time-frame and PM you some details. I have checked with timmus that this is a suitable thing to do.

Good Luck

Hilary
    Hi Hilary, Thanks so much for that offer. Really generous of you. I think I've now found a new one on ebay cheaply. If that turns out to not be any use I'll be in touch. Thanks again. N

Quote Originally Posted by Special edition View Post
    Thankyou Hilary for offering your intercooler... nice gesture !. Hilarys is a 75bhp tdi but if anyone needs a 90bhp intercooler mine will be available for free in the next few weeks. I will ask Rob and Marcus at WOM, if they don't mind, to give it the once over to make sure its fault free before handing it over.
    I'd take that as a spare Dave. Very kind offer
    2004 TDI 90

I will save it for you Murdo... consider it yours.
    Cherry Red Tdi 90

Hilary - If your TDI75 intercooler is up for grabs once you get the all alloy intercooler fitted I would welcome it
    My new to me TDI75 as some light oil mist around the bottom of the intercooler, I know the signs and it is therefore on its last legs and has given me due notice of imminent failure
    More than happy to pay for any packaging cost and of course postage

Cheers,
    Paul
    Paul (Depronman)
    1.4 TDI 2001 287,347 miles and still going strong

Hi, Would anyone know the hours labour that would be reasonable for Cambelt, Waterpump and intercooler change? Ive been quoted 5 hours and wondering if this is sensible (2 for intercooler, 3 for Cambelt, Waterpump, auxiliary belt).
    Thanks
    N

If anyone else has a ATL intercooler available I'd be a happy recipient

Given I have a remap I'm almost certain the one I have will go pffft any time soon.

You don't actually need a tdi90 intercooler for the aTL. A standard tdi75 intercooler is the same. I just used another map sensor as a blanking plate which has the bonus of always having a spare with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Users that liked this post:

Special edition (08-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by nick4tl View Post
    Hi, Would anyone know the hours labour that would be reasonable for Cambelt, Waterpump and intercooler change? Ive been quoted 5 hours and wondering if this is sensible (2 for intercooler, 3 for Cambelt, Waterpump, auxiliary belt).
    Thanks
    N
    Tbh that sounds about right. There is a fair bit of work in that list!

Cool. Thanks for your response.

I picked up a new audi intercooler on ebay. Its got an audi part number and audi stickers and audi rings in the pastic ends, and yellow caps over the main connectors on it. Its also got "behr" marked beside the audi rings. So perhaps if going for an aftermarket replacement the behr hella may be close to OEM quality. Not that oem quality is anything to write home about in this particular case. Though 170k miles over 15 years int too bad I guess.

Anyway, on with the show. Hopefully I'll get this fitted next week and be back on the road. Hoping to get the oil seal and bearing in the shift tower replaced too.

12. 2 users that liked this post:

Special edition (13-11-2017), YorkshireHill (13-11-2017)