1.6fsi misfire

Chiefmechanic

Still trying to get to the bottom of ehe misfire issue on my 2003 1.6 fsi. Starts ok then the misfired gets progressively worse as it warms up.
When I take the ignition coil off the misfire is permanent so the fault I have is intermittent.
Looking at the injector now but my question is if the injector has a mechanical fault it would be permanent and not intermittent. Fuel rail pressure is ok.
Has anyone had an injector faulty but not show up in VCDS
Would VCDS not flag up an injector fault or could the injector still be faulty but not show on VCDS
Can I change the engine ecu and do I need another dash clock set and key fob as well.
Brian

Hi brian - I'm yet to hear of an injector issue be reported in VCDS it usually gives other errors as there isn't much the system can use for poor spray etc. i had 2 fail in my car and it was far from easy to diagnose. After changing all 4 - i wasn't going to pay to do the job again as fitting/ removing isn't easy. All was good for over 100k miles and as far as i know is still running well with the new owners.

I struggled with a misfire for some time, did the coil packs and plugs and ended up getting it looked at. One carbon clean (who knows what difference that makes!), fuel and air filter and earth point clean later, it was no better and he ran out of time but left me with the thought that his next step would be to look at No 3 injector.

I changed the injector myself and bingo - it worked! Fortunately the manifolds had been off a year ago and I wasn't too badly affected by the lack of availability of injector 'o' rings on a Sunday, although I did get a fuel leak elsewhere and a broken EGR pipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back