Side Vents rattle and door clips crackling

vklexer

Hey guys,

Maybe anyone had these problems? Our cars are old now. I've noticed that some "sound proofing tape-like foam" fell down of my vent and now my vents are rattling when engine is cold or just low rpms. How can i fit in some extra tape in there without taking all the dash apart? any ideas? :D

Also, did any of you know where i could buy some door clips that hold the doors together? (all the interior part of the doors)

Your help and advices are always apreciated

The side vents don't have soundproofing tape on them so I would imagine that this is a historical problem that someone has tried to rectify. The dash vents can be removed without taking out the dash but you will need patience. The side vents are held in by 4 retaining clips, one on each corner. It's possible to slip a flat blade in one corner and prise the edge out of the dash. You will then be able to see the one clip and release it. After that it's just a case of doing the top one on the same side. The Vent can then be pulled towards that direction without damaging the other two clips.

The clips are held on with a very small piece of plastic weld and the odds are that it will break the clip. They can be easily glued back on and are actually stronger once you have done so.

Back