Dropped drivers side door

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
As in title, what is the fix for this? Its not a lot but over 30 mph I can hear a whistle as though the window is slightly open.

I had this on ours when I fixed the micro switch, we had to adjust the window frame bolts so that it lined up properly. Even then we had to adjust the door strike plate to pull the door in. There is also quite a bit of adjustment in the actual hinge bolts by loosening them and lifting the door whilst retightening.

As in title, what is the fix for this? Its not a lot but over 30 mph I can hear a whistle as though the window is slightly open.
First check that the bolts are tight on the hinges. Try opening the door and then lifting it up by the handle, it should not have any play in it.

If it does have play in it then the chances are that your hinge bolts are loose.

But as Klyne has said you may just have a badl adjusted window frame.

Steve B

Thanks Birch............you have just reminded me that when I first got the car there was play in the door and I did tighten the said bolts, I had forgotten about that. Just might take one at a time out and put some locktight on them.

Back