NO - HYBRID A2 Concept anyone?

Audi were pushing this concept quite heavily around 6 years ago, but like most if not all of their concepts these days, they are never pursued. I doubt we'll ever see a new Audi now which lives up to their motto, because accountants are making all the rules - if it won't make money within a set amount of time, it'll not be built.

Apparently there's plans to have 25% of the models electrified by 2025, but by then, others will be romping ahead while Audi (and the whole VW group) are still weighing up the alternatives (like the G-tron, gas powered concepts, of which there's been several) and getting nowhere fast. They'll be faffing around with sensors that allow you to open the boot by waving your foot under the bumper, or some such nonsense.

Audi were pushing this concept quite heavily around 6 years ago, but like most if not all of their concepts these days, they are never pursued. I doubt we'll ever see a new Audi now which lives up to their motto, because accountants are making all the rules - if it won't make money within a set amount of time, it'll not be built.

Apparently there's plans to have 25% of the models electrified by 2025, but by then, others will be romping ahead while Audi (and the whole VW group) are still weighing up the alternatives (like the G-tron, gas powered concepts, of which there's been several) and getting nowhere fast. They'll be faffing around with sensors that allow you to open the boot by waving your foot under the bumper, or some such nonsense.
Had a long chat with James (mrbrooms) yesterday as I was going to buy his wonderfully restored Misano Red as an extra a2 for the family. We also discussed the possibility of someone retrofitting an a2 with fully electric running gear. Now, that would be phenomenal. The a2 seems an ideal platform for such a project.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Had a long chat with James (mrbrooms) yesterday as I was going to buy his wonderfully restored Misano Red as an extra a2 for the family. We also discussed the possibility of someone retrofitting an a2 with fully electric running gear. Now, that would be phenomenal. The a2 seems an ideal platform for such a project.

And it could be quattro

There have been a few electric a2’s But the latest one I know of is by a chap I found via Instagram and his has just been out for it’s first test drive last week. His attention to detail and knowledge is fantastic. I’ll try and find a link to it and you can view the story - if you fancy. Cheers mike

Whatever they end up doing as far as an all electric small Audi goes, or even a diesel or Hybrid, I can't see it being designated as an A2.

To me there really isn't a big enough gap between the A1 and A3 as it is!!

The A3 looks like a slightly longer version of the A1 (to me) so how could they fit something in between as an A2?

And that is great for us, not many car models stay basically the same throughout their production run, as the A2 did.

It is a big plus as far as I am concerned, no looking down noses at the "mark 1" owners and no "Mark 1" owners thinking that they have the best "mark" etc.
(By the way I don't see the A2 as having two "marks" as such, the pre 2004 are not that different to the post 2004)

So if they never come out with another A2 I will be very happy!

Steve B

Totally agree Steve - if Audi can get one thing right, let's hope it's that they never re-use the A2 designation on another car in the future, unless it's on a unique platform again, the same way that our beloved cars were.

These days, you either order your new Audi by length or by social status:

If you're executive level, you get the A8
If you're upper management, it's A7 or A6
Middle management tend to have A5 or poverty spec A6
Lower management/salesmen are in A4 or A3

If you're fat or aggressive, you get the Q version of the above.

The A1 is for those who want into the Audi brand at the cheapest price (when they could get the equivalent VW or Seat for a few thousand less) and the TT is for those who want to own a sports car, but aren't really bothered by things like handling and power/speed.

And the Q2? Who knows!! Certainly the best thing about it in my view (having tested it quite thoroughly for a while) is that it looks ok from the inside and you'll be fine until you drive past a row of shiny windows and see yourself!!

Back