Coding existing remotes to 'new' CCCU ?

zilspeed

Quick summary of where I am and why I need to do what I need to do.

Got the car with working remote locking and dead windows.
Checked fuses in main box and A pillar - all good.

Bought a used CCCU and popped it in - windows work, woohoo !

But the CCCU didn't come with remotes, so the old CCCU is back in the car, in the meantime.

So, my understanding is that my existing remote fobs need to be paired to the new CCCU.

As it's so easy to swap them over, and a very kind forum member has offered to help out with use of VCDS for coding, my understanding is to bring the car to them, pop in the new CCCU, then follow this process.

Copied from this forum. ;)

"This translates to:
Go to adaption channel 21 - select key memory number 1, 2, 3 or 4 - press the "open" button on the remote during 2 seconds and the comment field should confirm the key is recognised - select "save".
To erase all key memories, select key number 5 and save."

Does this look right ?

Quick summary of where I am and why I need to do what I need to do.

Got the car with working remote locking and dead windows.
Checked fuses in main box and A pillar - all good.

Bought a used CCCU and popped it in - windows work, woohoo !

But the CCCU didn't come with remotes, so the old CCCU is back in the car, in the meantime.

So, my understanding is that my existing remote fobs need to be paired to the new CCCU.

As it's so easy to swap them over, and a very kind forum member has offered to help out with use of VCDS for coding, my understanding is to bring the car to them, pop in the new CCCU, then follow this process.

Copied from this forum. ;)

"This translates to:
Go to adaption channel 21 - select key memory number 1, 2, 3 or 4 - press the "open" button on the remote during 2 seconds and the comment field should confirm the key is recognised - select "save".
To erase all key memories, select key number 5 and save."

Does this look right ?

If you are hoping to do this then the CCCUs MUST have the same kind or remote fob.

If your CCCU part number on top ends in a Q and your replacement also ends in a Q (or if your current CCCU part number ends in AF and your replacement one also ends in AF) then yes it will just be a matter of coding the keys via VCDS. Y

ou go to the 46 CCCU control in VCDS adaption then enter 21 and enter
You then must enter the POSITION of the key (out of the 4 positions available), (Do not follow the Ross Tech instructions that say enter the number of keys)

You will need to then press the fob of the first key and the text towards the top right will change to "Recognized"
Click on SAVE then confirm.

That should get key 1 working, repeat for key 2 but after you have entered 21 and pressed enter fill in the new value of a different number to the first key (choose from 1 to 4)

That should do it

Steve B

If you are hoping to do this then the CCCUs MUST have the same kind or remote fob.

If your CCCU part number on top ends in a Q and your replacement also ends in a Q (or if your current CCCU part number ends in AF and your replacement one also ends in AF) then yes it will just be a matter of coding the keys via VCDS. Y

ou go to the 46 CCCU control in VCDS adaption then enter 21 and enter
You then must enter the POSITION of the key (out of the 4 positions available), (Do not follow the Ross Tech instructions that say enter the number of keys)

You will need to then press the fob of the first key and the text towards the top right will change to "Recognized"
Click on SAVE then confirm.

That should get key 1 working, repeat for key 2 but after you have entered 21 and pressed enter fill in the new value of a different number to the first key (choose from 1 to 4)

That should do it

Steve B

My CCCU is an AF, I made sure I got an AF.

I read -ALL- the advice in here ;-)

The remote bit of the fob is a 433.92mhz one.

I 'think' we're good to go.

P.S> thank you so much for chipping in with the excellent advice.

Hi
Found in my box of A2 accrued bits the replacement CCCU-Q version I thought I’d lost, as I think my one in the car is close to panning out.I change it the car last night and she starts still but the electric windows don’t work and she doesn’t lock by remote. So reading this I need to get both the original keys reprogrammed to the car? I’m not overly experienced in any of the diagnostic stuff so, wouldn’t know what is right from wrong. I am the original owner and I did have the cccu replaced in 2004 under warranty and in 2007 by Audi Parts under warranty again. I got OBD11 pro for my Leon and I’m confident with most things just this reprogramming is scary(Don’t want to screw it up), this adaptation I think I found maybe will recode the keys but....I don’t want to screw this upAny help would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• 58269869-6355-4F52-8AF9-CB3DD586D868.jpeg
    58269869-6355-4F52-8AF9-CB3DD586D868.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 194
  • 081C3469-431D-40BE-A5BC-04BEB9798DED.jpeg
    081C3469-431D-40BE-A5BC-04BEB9798DED.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 198
Back