iOS 11.1 Incompatibllity

66Beetle

A2OC Donor
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but you can't ( at least I can't ) log in to A2OC on my iPad since the iOS 11.1 " Upgrade " was Installed !

First I knew was on holiday in Scotland 2 weeks ago when the iOS 11.1 upgrade became available on my iPad. I installed it right away. Had no idea why my User ID or Password was wrong when trying to log in to A2OC. Asked for Password Reset on 5 occasions. All failed. Steve Birchall and Sarge both kindly tried to help. No luck.

Got on to Apple Live Chat Person, who was very good. Understood the problem. Came up with that it was the Security Improvements of iOS 11.1 that was preventing me logging in ! They advised that Apple can supply advice to Web Site Owners on Software Upgrades required to maintain compatibility with new iOS Versions before they become available for installation on Devices.

Mrs finally had a good idea. She had not bothered installing the iOS 11.1 on her iPad. Still hasn't, which is how I am posting this. Hers is still 2 versions behind. Still on iOS 10.3.3 I think it is. As if by magic I could log on using my correct User ID and Password (number 5 reset).

Next move, tried logging in on our iPod Touch. Works on there as well. That is on something like iOS 9.3.5 which it says is the current version for that device.

So if you can no longer Log In after you have installed iOS 11.1 then that is why.

Regards,

Steve U ( '66 Beetle )

I’m reading this and replying using an iPad Air 2 which has been upgraded to iOS 11.1 which works perfectly on the forum, no log in problem here?
I do use Google Chrome rather than Safari as my browser though...

All I can say is what Apple told me, and the fact that I tried to Log In on my iPad again this morning, just in case it worked. It still does not. Logged in on wife's iPad no problem, using same User ID and Password. Otherwise I would not be talking to you now. Any attempt to Log In on mine results in :- vBulletin Message. You have entered an invalid username or password. Please enter the correct details and try again . . . . . . . .

I am using Safari but pretty sure Mrs is also. I'll check on that. Apple did get me to clear website data from Safari. Never mentioned using anything other than Safari.

If anyone can solve that mystery for me that would be great !

Ta.

Last edited:
Can't be that surely ? Typing this on iPod Touch using Safari.

Log in to A2oc was no problem on here. Previous posts were from Mrs iPad, also on Safari.

Last edited:
Even stranger, just tried logging in on Safari and it worked first time.
My iOS version is 11.1.1
It wouldn’t cost you anything to try Chrome, might be worth a go?

Well I would try Google Chrome, if I knew how to ! To Install Chrome it wants me to Log In to App Store using my Apple ID. I have no idea what my Apple ID is !

Will have a go. Our Daughter and Boyfriend plus Son and Girlfriend are coming here for a late afternoon Sunday Lunch, so there will be 4 people under the age of 30 years in the house. I'm sure they will be able to sort it out !

What really is the strangest thing is that A2OC seems to be the ONLY website affected by thus issue. I can still Log In to ALL of the other websites I use all the time. Not found any other sites I can not Log In to.

Will have a go. Our Daughter and Boyfriend plus Son and Girlfriend are coming here for a late afternoon Sunday Lunch, so there will be 4 people under the age of 30 years in the house. I'm sure they will be able to sort it out !

What really is the strangest thing is that A2OC seems to be the ONLY website affected by thus issue. I can still Log In to ALL of the other websites I use all the time. Not found any other sites I can not Log In to.

Sometimes the "Cookies" can be the cause of this issue.

If you can get them to clear your cookies it might resolve it.

(I will have a google now to see if I can find how to do it)

Steve B

Try this, I won't harm and MIGHT help.

1. First, you need to go to the iPad's settings. (Get help getting into the iPad's settings.)
  2. Next, scroll down the left-side menu and choose Safari. This will bring up all of the Safari settings.
  3. Touch "Clear History and Website Data" to delete all records of which websites you have been to on the iPad and all website data (cookies) collected on the iPad.
  4. You will be prompted to confirm your request. Tap the "Clear" button to confirm you want to delete this information.

Steve B

Daughter ( and she's the youngest here at 27 ) installed Chrome on my iPad - Could not Log In to A2OC - Cleared Cookies - Still the same :- User ID or Password incorrect. I even tried Log In to A2OC on an Android Phone - That works !

Must be my iPad because on every other device there is no problem ! Best just give up !

It’s a long shot but is it because you are using a different ‘ character due to the keyboards being different?

try typing your username into a blank field and check that it looks right.

Steve B

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but you can't ( at least I can't ) log in to A2OC on my iPad since the iOS 11.1 " Upgrade " was Installed !

First I knew was on holiday in Scotland 2 weeks ago when the iOS 11.1 upgrade became available on my iPad. I installed it right away. Had no idea why my User ID or Password was wrong when trying to log in to A2OC. Asked for Password Reset on 5 occasions. All failed. Steve Birchall and Sarge both kindly tried to help. No luck.

Got on to Apple Live Chat Person, who was very good. Understood the problem. Came up with that it was the Security Improvements of iOS 11.1 that was preventing me logging in ! They advised that Apple can supply advice to Web Site Owners on Software Upgrades required to maintain compatibility with new iOS Versions before they become available for installation on Devices.

Mrs finally had a good idea. She had not bothered installing the iOS 11.1 on her iPad. Still hasn't, which is how I am posting this. Hers is still 2 versions behind. Still on iOS 10.3.3 I think it is. As if by magic I could log on using my correct User ID and Password (number 5 reset).

Next move, tried logging in on our iPod Touch. Works on there as well. That is on something like iOS 9.3.5 which it says is the current version for that device.

So if you can no longer Log In after you have installed iOS 11.1 then that is why.

Regards,

Steve U ( '66 Beetle )

I'm using 11.1 on my iPad and 11.1.1 on my iPhone both with out issue, and have logged out and back in again on both as well.

You could check to see if you have an old saved password in the i-Pad and delete it if you have, this could be causing you problems.
Since others are able to access with the updated software it has to be something on your device that is causing the issue. It is all to easy for IT Support to say 'must be due to the update' and they are not always correct.

How to check
- Go to Settings (as per instructions posted by Birchall)
- Scroll down to 'Accounts & Passwords' and select
- Select 'App & Website Passwords'
- Enter your passcode
- In the search box enter A2OC
- Select the entry for A2OC
- Top right of the screen select 'Edit'
- click the red circle with a line in it
- select the 'Delete' button that displays
[Repeat if you have more than one saved entry]

Return to A2OC on Safari and login using your username and password.

Seems to be getting desperate here. With my limited limited IT knowledge I would turn off and on (Tried?). A proper boot, after killing it with a five second press of the button at the bottom right.

Andy

Daughter installed Chrome on my iPad for me yesterday evening. Still rejected my User ID or Password. Had already deleted website history, several times. Tried re boot this morning. No go. Deleted all saved passwords as described by Vonnie. No go. Requested another Password Reset. That let me along In on the wife's iPad and the iPod Touch. But NOT my iPad !

Had not received any notification of iOS 11.1.1 update. Had a look and there it was ! Downloading right now. See if that works.

Sorry but NO

iOS 11.1.1 finished installing.

Guess what ? Sorry but NO. Still can not Log In to A2OC on my iPad !

Back