Headlights.

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
I have had a quick look but cannot find any info on this , was there a cut off point where Audi stopped fitting the splittable headlights? and not having ever seen any , what is the difference when looking at a unit?

I have had a quick look but cannot find any info on this , was there a cut off point where Audi stopped fitting the splittable headlights? and not having ever seen any , what is the difference when looking at a unit?

Only the earliest A2s had splittable headlights. (no later than 2001 (and probably early 2001 at the latest)

They are identified by the number of clips used to keep the two halves together, other than that they are pretty much identical.

Looking into the engine bay if you can only see one clip then they are not splittable.

The splittable ones have several all around the join (6 or 7 in total)

The other problem you will have if you ever track down any splittable ones is that they have had 17 years of use and so the front lens is unlikely to be good enough to use.

Steve B

Last edited:
There's often a thin seam of adhesive which has oozed out and solidified on the later headlights. There could well be an amount of crazing in the clear polycarbonate lens, but I have 2 pairs of split headlights and they're both very useable still.

Sorry not to be of more help John.

They are like hen's teeth, but have you thought about popping a wanted note up in the marketplace?

Back