Chat The A2 community.

Topsie

Having now purchased a bigger car for transporting dogs and (in the oven) baby, I've been using another car forum (bimmer forums uk)

What I can say is that it is easy to take the community of the A2OC for granted - it really is miles apart from other forums I have used. It's fair, informative and welcoming and a real asset to any A2 owner and one I will be hoping to keep my toe dipped into long after my A2 leaves my side.

If only they made an A2 estate!!

Nick

First A2 Limo conversion perhaps Topsie?
92DDB299-A540-4291-875F-DBDA2BAD3D66.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha I want one if someone can weld ally

Having now purchased a bigger car for transporting dogs and (in the oven) baby, I've been using another car forum (bimmer forums uk)

What I can say is that it is easy to take the community of the A2OC for granted - it really is miles apart from other forums I have used. It's fair, informative and welcoming and a real asset to any A2 owner and one I will be hoping to keep my toe dipped into long after my A2 leaves my side.

If only they made an A2 estate!!

Nick

I disagree. I have been on BMWLander.co.uk since it started and you cannot get a better bunch of guys (and girls) than the members on there. Much the same spirit as on here where things are sometimes given away and very rarely are there any arguments.

Hi all. Not sure where to post this, but this seemed like a good place.

Not been much of an active member recently but have met some of you from Audi day at castlecomb and various meetings to get spares.

Just wanted to share the bad news that as of last night my A2 has been written off. Thanks to a young lad and his mates unfortunately without a brain between them, who lost control on a dual carriageway, crossed the central reservation and hit me head on. Police reckon a closing speed of 80mph. Ouch

I had two of my children in the car at the time. My wife was in her car with my other child about 400m behind me.

I got home from hospital this morning. Amazingly only Cut and bruised. My children remain in hospital, one with a broken collar bone and abdominal swelling, the other with a tear in her lungs. Though glad to report that they are both on the mend and should be home soon.

We even made the news:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/cumberland-basin-closed-hours-after-784003

After the shock and worry over my children, and distress for my wife and other son to see the immediate aftermath of the crash, I am now coming to terms with the loss of my much loved A2. Which is actually hurting me deeply. I owe that car a huge debt of gratitude. It has been the best car, by far, that I have ever owned, and the fact that at the last, it protected me and my loved ones so well. I can't quite believe that it appears to be largely intact in the photos in the news article. Front drivers side is totally gone, but the cabin didn't deform.
I was pleading with the firemen to not cut it when they where removing me and my daughter, but I know they didn't muck about and cut the doors off.

And so, I think we will lick our wounds a while, but I am wondering what to do when it comes to insurance. It's a write off for sure, but can such wreack be recovered? And by who? Can we / the community salavage anything from it?

And in time can it be replaced by an equally dependable and cherished A2. I will look to this community for help if I may.

Thanks, and stay safe. Drive an A2.

Dave...

First and foremost I'm very glad to hear you and family have come through this, all be it not unharmed but certainly on the mend.

I can fully appreciate the emotions you would be going through at the time but in the end it's a piece of metal so I guess your and all the forum members on here should be thankful that Audi have put such a good little package together that protects its occupants in the way that evidently has thankfully happened with you.

Still plenty of good examples around if you want to pickup when you are ready to come back to the fold. Yes there may be parts on the car but I'm sure it'll find its way to a scrapyard at some point!

Thanks for sharing and best wishes to you and your family for a full and speedy recovery.

Hi all. Not sure where to post this, but this seemed like a good place.

Not been much of an active member recently but have met some of you from Audi day at castlecomb and various meetings to get spares.

Just wanted to share the bad news that as of last night my A2 has been written off. Thanks to a young lad and his mates unfortunately without a brain between them, who lost control on a dual carriageway, crossed the central reservation and hit me head on. Police reckon a closing speed of 80mph. Ouch

I had two of my children in the car at the time. My wife was in her car with my other child about 400m behind me.

I got home from hospital this morning. Amazingly only Cut and bruised. My children remain in hospital, one with a broken collar bone and abdominal swelling, the other with a tear in her lungs. Though glad to report that they are both on the mend and should be home soon.

We even made the news:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/cumberland-basin-closed-hours-after-784003

After the shock and worry over my children, and distress for my wife and other son to see the immediate aftermath of the crash, I am now coming to terms with the loss of my much loved A2. Which is actually hurting me deeply. I owe that car a huge debt of gratitude. It has been the best car, by far, that I have ever owned, and the fact that at the last, it protected me and my loved ones so well. I can't quite believe that it appears to be largely intact in the photos in the news article. Front drivers side is totally gone, but the cabin didn't deform.
I was pleading with the firemen to not cut it when they where removing me and my daughter, but I know they didn't muck about and cut the doors off.

And so, I think we will lick our wounds a while, but I am wondering what to do when it comes to insurance. It's a write off for sure, but can such wreack be recovered? And by who? Can we / the community salavage anything from it?

And in time can it be replaced by an equally dependable and cherished A2. I will look to this community for help if I may.

Thanks, and stay safe. Drive an A2.

Dave...

OUCH! Really glad everybody is on the mend, that looked bad in the photos, and hope everyone gets better as quickly as possible.

As for the car, I know how attached we can get to our motors, but luckily the A2s are readily available at the moment, and rather than mourn the loss of a loved one, look on this as a chance for your love of A2s to be reborn, with a new (to you) challenge. This is your chance to get the A2 you always dreamed of. Personally I would forget about the old one (unless you had a rear cup holder ;) ) and look to the new.

You posted this in probably the right post, as discussed, the A2 community I'm sure will rally around to help and assist where needed.

80 mph calculated impact of the head on crash. Omg that could have been a lot worse.

So glad that you all came through (or are coming through) without life threatening injuries.

Great to see that our faith in the A2 as a relatively “safe” car (if there ever is such a thing) has proved to be a real feature.

I wish you all a speedy recovery.

Thank you for posting this.

If there is anything you you need help with I am sure that we have plenty of people here ready to do anything we can.

At the very least I am sure we can help you find a good replacement A2 at a sensible price.

I am constantly scouring the “interweb” for bargains.

I will put you to the top of the list for any suitable A2s when you are ready.

Let us us know your ideal spec and I am sure that we can get you and your family into another safe A2.

Best wishes
Steve B

Thank God Dave that you are all ok. I imagine that it was worse for your wife following behind and imagining the worst. My heartfelt best wishes to you all and hope that you all make a speedy recovery.

I'm sure we will all help you find another one.

Steve

Thanks guys for your kind words. Just passing time to I get word from the hospital that the kids are going to be discharged.
Steve, would really appreciate you advice and guidance in purchasing our replacement when we get round to it. Needs a bench seat, min, but silver, SE, red leather, DIS, cruise would be nice. Speak sometime soon

Just seen the car description in your tag Steve. Sounds perfect! May go for petro this time round due to all the bad PR on diesel. Let me know how it's progressing will you....thanks

Just seen the car description in your tag Steve. Sounds perfect! May go for petro this time round due to all the bad PR on diesel. Let me know how it's progressing will you....thanks

I don't want to start a petrol v diesel debate, but i've been driving a 1.4 petrol for the last 3 weeks while my tdi has been in for its respray. Although the 1.4 petrol won't rip up the tarmac it is a lovely light and relaxed drive. I can certainly see the appeal.

I'd avoid the fsi unless you have deep pockets and/or can find a really good one.

Back