Another one bites the dust...

Bargepower

A2OC Donor
So, my little green A2 is no more.
T boned by a council refuse wagon who pulled out of a side road onto Kensington High street, hit the offside, pushed me into the kerb bending the rear axle on the nearside, and spinning the car 90 degrees.
The B post has been pushed in about an inch, the insurance company have already declared it a write off.
I don't have so much as even a scratch on me, thanks to the strength of our favourite little cars.
I'll be in the market for another A2 as soon as I get the insurance payout...

tbone.jpg

tbone2.jpg

Sorry to hear your news but pleased you are all alright and that the car did its job to protect when called upon. So sad to see an A2 taken off the road, especially given the wonderful colour of yours. Hope the insurance company do not mess you around and that lady luck plays her part in helping help you find a worthy replacement vehicle. Do you something in mind? I am sure everyone will keep a weather eye open for you.

Paul

Hi Ian,

Glad you are ok, but Sod's law after all your work and just getting it running as it should, plus brand new exhaust.

Andy

Hi Ian,

Glad you are ok, but Sod's law after all your work and just getting it running as it should, plus brand new exhaust.

Andy

Thanks. I'm fine.
I don't think the outcome would have been so positive if I'd been in the Fiat Seicento I used to nip round town in.
10 tonnes of Dennis refuse wagon (fully laden, they were on their way to empty it) vs an A2 - broadside on - to have such an outcome means there can only be one thing to replace it, and that's another A2.
I just wish I could find another Pine Green one, but I'm not holding my breath!

Cheers
Ian

Thanks. I'm fine.
I don't think the outcome would have been so positive if I'd been in the Fiat Seicento I used to nip round town in.
10 tonnes of Dennis refuse wagon (fully laden, they were on their way to empty it) vs an A2 - broadside on - to have such an outcome means there can only be one thing to replace it, and that's another A2.
I just wish I could find another Pine Green one, but I'm not holding my breath!

Cheers
Ian

Ian, I'm loving your new signature - Reminds me of John le Mesuirer's epitaph in The Times, it was something like "John would like his friends and family to know that he popped his clogs on ..."

Good to hear you are OK and seem to be taking it in your stride. Hope you find something nice soon, maybe a little younger, say 2005. Unfortunately I now see there were only 4 green petrol non FSIs registered in 2004 and same in 2005, and I recall there were 2 shades of green. Green petrol A2s were only 6.3% of all petrol A2s in the UK.

If you could swallow blue then here is a 2001 with FSH and 107,000 miles in the West Midlands https://www.gumtree.com/p/audi/audi-a2-1.4-petrol/1275830543

Good to hear you are OK and seem to be taking it in your stride. Hope you find something nice soon, maybe a little younger, say 2005. Unfortunately I now see there were only 4 green petrol non FSIs registered in 2004 and same in 2005, and I recall there were 2 shades of green. Green petrol A2s were only 6.3% of all petrol A2s in the UK.

If you could swallow blue then here is a 2001 with FSH and 107,000 miles in the West Midlands https://www.gumtree.com/p/audi/audi-a2-1.4-petrol/1275830543

I'm resigned to not getting another green one, but I want another SE - can't live without climate or false floor boot...
I've just remembered, I ordered a cruise control indicator stalk yesterday - nothing to fit it to!

Tragic, but really pleased to read yet again that the A2 shell has done its job and kept the owner safe, in this case your good self Ian.

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a Pine Green one, you never know. Hope you haven’t suffered any injuries and there are no lasting emotional scars.

Best wishes,

Darren

Hi Ian

just saw this thread.

Two reactions. Firstly so glad that you are ok
seconfly so glad that another A2 did it’s job well and protected you.

That is two members within a week, no more please?

i will keep an eye out for a good A2 for you and BudWorld too.

I hope it is not connected to members with a username beginning with a “B”

Best wishes
Steve B

Ah just noticed this Ian - just getting over the flu then t-boned with car written off.

Not having a great time just now but great to see you are looking ahead to another A2.

There's always a respray if you really must have that colour on your next car :)

I have my beady eye on a 2001 SE in black at the moment...
The insurance company have been on the phone asking for my bank details to pay out, so hopefully won't be more than a couple of weeks (Look! A flying pig!).
A courtesy car "of a similar specification" is due to be delivered tomorrow - bet it's not a patch on an A2.

Just to echo others, glad to hear that you are OK and looking for another A2.

It really does show how great our little cars are.

Vonnie

Back