Exhaust/Intake Fault Codes

Hello to you All!

I've just joined this great forum after stumbling across it while searching for some solutions to my A2's problem! Hopefully somebody can shine some light on the issue that I am having. I have a '53 plate A2 1.6 FSI Sport with 83K on the clock. When I bought the car last year the engine light was on and the code P1031 was stored. This was caused by a faulty intake actuator (snapped push rod!). This was also the only code stored. I've just recently replaced the actuator. All seemed good until about 10 miles into the test drive when the engine light came back on again. I now have the following 4 new codes stored immediately after changing the actuator. When I clear them they stay away for about another 10 minutes after re-starting the engine. The only one that comes back immediately after engine start is P0102. My initial thought is that there is a leak somewhere in the intake system that I have caused when changing the actuator. Does anybody reading this have any idea what else this could be? Another thought I had was the EGR. This would explain why the codes don't appear until 10 miles into a drive when the EGR valve opens.

P2202 - NOx Sensor Circuit Low Bank 1
P0139 (Pending) - Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response
P0102 - Mass Air Flow MAF Circuit Low
P1176 (Pending) - Bank1: O2 (Lambda) Correction Behind Catalyst: Control Limit Reached

I hope somebody can shine some light on the problem.

Thank you!

Dave

Back