Concert II Potentiometer Repair/replacement

ca2n

A2OC Donor
Does anybody know where I can get a replacement potentiometer for the Concert II? It appears that ALPS manufactures them and there are the numbers 33 and 6N on it as far as I can tell. One of mine's has lost its "springiness". Any help appreciated. :)

IMG_20171121_210312.jpg

Does anybody know where I can get a replacement potentiometer for the Concert II? It appears that ALPS manufactures them and there are the numbers 33 and 6N on it as far as I can tell. One of mine's has lost its "springiness". Any help appreciated. :)

View attachment 32412

try farnell , radio Spares (RS), CPC (nr Preston but on line) or good old ebay

Would it not be easier to buy a replacement Concert II, or am I missing the whole feel good because you've fixed it yourself point here?

Would it not be easier to buy a replacement Concert II, or am I missing the whole feel good because you've fixed it yourself point here?
They are cheap enough especially with worn buttons and you can just replace the face and so keep the same security code.

Steve B

This Concert II was just arrived today. I was just itchy to see if I could do something about it. :p

Interesting! So as long as it's a Concert II they should share the same face? I noticed that the 8E, 8P Concert IIs are more abundant (and cheaper). So I could replace the face with one of those? By face I mean the green circuit board:

IMG_20171121_204800.jpg

They are cheap enough especially with worn buttons and you can just replace the face and so keep the same security code.

I'll see if I can get in touch with Timmus.

I'm sure Timmus mentioned repairing these regularly - maybe he has a supply.

I have a spare concert 2 face with a bloom on the display - you can have the whole board with pleasure for the cost of postage
Cheers
Ian
I would like that very much, Ian. Thank you. PM incoming.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back