1.4 A2 hunt begins!

thestable

So it appears that I’m now properly looking for an Audi A2 1.4. The logbook was returned to the dealer today and the money should appear in my account by today.

So I’ve had a look at a few on eBay and one popped up that was bid on my behalf. However. Just a little too far away (Falmouth) a little too short MOT (2 days remaining) and went for a little too much than my dad was willing to pay for it. But that was a nice light blue metallic one. 87k. Went for £512 under the right circumstances and me not being in Spain I might have fought a bit harder for it and got to get it whilst MOT was still valid.

However. I have mentioned this before but I am not going to stop until I get an A2! There is no other car I want.

-A2 1.4 petrol
-mileage under or around the 100k
-Not fussed about DIN (I would love to put a sat bag in it but I’ll just use a connect 2 and Bluetooth quite happily.
- alcantra leather would be GREAT but not the end of the world. I’ll keep an eye out and replace later if funds available. I want to take this to Spain and leather might be a bit sticky

Would be great for the FSI spoke alloys (would consider buying them after I like them that much)
-OSS working
-cruise would be great
- 4 seater I fine
- clean body work
- no engine lights or airbag lights on is a must.
- aircon
- cam belt been changed and clutch is idea.

Happy to do mechanical work replacing suspension, brakes, hoses, filters,coils. As long as it’s not too much heavy lifting. I’m no mechanic and can only whip my poor dad and brother so far!

Happy to have one that needs a bit of work if the price is right.

- colourwise would like silver or dark blue. But you guys know how but this perfect white whale can be and difficult they are to find.

I’m looking all over the shop for them. There are some projects to be had for cheap and this is a project I want to get cracking on with. But my budget is about £1000-£1200 top whack at the moment.

If anyone sees any ads or gears of anything or has advice please let me know. I am new to this forum but hope to be around and contributing.

Cheers.

Alan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 1.4 TDI (not sure why you are specifically asking for a petrol other than the London T charge)
It is blue and very well looked after, blue cloth seats, mint 15" alloys and tyres, long MOT
It was my keeper until I bought a project A2 and ended up keep it
It has done a few miles 282K, but you would never know from either looking at it or driving it
It has had a full LUK clutch kit 18 months ago, new CV joints (4 off), rear wheel bearings, brakes all round etc etc

Drop me a PM if you are interested

Cheers,

Reactions: TFG
Hi, shame Project Y has now sold - that pretty much met everything apart from OSS on your list.

I do have a set of 17" 9 Spoke Sport Alloys that will be for sale soon, so as you say you can retrofit these (pics to follow when I can take some in the light).

There's plenty of cars out there, just need to find them :)

Hi, shame Project Y has now sold - that pretty much met everything apart from OSS on your list.

I do have a set of 17" 9 Spoke Sport Alloys that will be for sale soon, so as you say you can retrofit these (pics to follow when I can take some in the light).

There's plenty of cars out there, just need to find them :)

I am gutted about that! If only things had happened a week sooner I would have been up on the rattler to drive it home!

Keep me in mind with the wheels and let me know Ball park cost and if needed I’ll have em.

I am gutted about that! If only things had happened a week sooner I would have been up on the rattler to drive it home!

Keep me in mind with the wheels and let me know Ball park cost and if needed I’ll have em.

No worries, I'll keep my eyes out for a replacement for you as well.

How set are you on having OSS?

No worries, I'll keep my eyes out for a replacement for you as well.

How set are you on having OSS?

It’s not the end of the world but it’s a very nice feature. Probably the main thing after air con and a clean bodywork.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m also going to try and find one with fogs too if possible.

Fogs are a relatively cheap retro-fit. I've actually got a couple of spare sets at the moment, and might have another soon if I go the way I intend.

Been hunting around whilst nothing to do and think I might get my dad to have a gander at this. If it’s any good I’ll put an offer in. It’s not for from where they live in Surrey.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710019856556

Not far from me either and so if you dad doesn't manage to get to it let me know and I will see if I can pop around and have a look if you want.

Steve B

Not yet. They put the price up on it quite a bit. That same afternoon. There is some bits that need doing to it. Might just be a big too expensive for it to be worth it.

Not yet. They put the price up on it quite a bit. That same afternoon. There is some bits that need doing to it. Might just be a big too expensive for it to be worth it.

I'd also be asking about the (Broken?)Sky as there is no mention in the description about it, and it usually comes quite high up the descriptions if its working okay.

Back