Interior lights above back seat

Tomspud

Hi, I cannot work out the relationship between the back doors opening and the the back seat lights coming on. They turn on with the switch and once turned on and off, when I open the back door they will come on. But if I come back an hour or so later they won’t come on using the back door only. Also boot light isn’t working. Hope this makes sense and any advice gratefully received!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

both the front and rear interior lights should both illuminate at the same time when any side door of the car is opened. If you find that sometimes only the front light illuminates when a door is opened and the back like stays off, it is very likely that the solder joint identified in the linked post above will fix the light.

If you find that sometimes no lights illuminate when a door is opened then the problem is probably in the door lock module itself. These switches can wear out but the most common fault is the solder joints inside the lock module. Unfortunatelly some dissasembly of the door is required to get the lock module out for repair (or replacement).

The boot light is likely to be the microswitch in the boot catch in the tailgate. The catch is easy to replace, however the boot trim has to come off first and this is held in place by incredibly strong clips.

regards

Andrew

Hi, I cannot work out the relationship between the back doors opening and the the back seat lights coming on. They turn on with the switch and once turned on and off, when I open the back door they will come on. But if I come back an hour or so later they won’t come on using the back door only. Also boot light isn’t working. Hope this makes sense and any advice gratefully received!

almost certain to be the solder joint needs reflowing as ca2n and ajsellors as already stated

If you have a soldering iron, then re-flowing the failed joint will sort it.

If you're ever near Warrington, give me a shout and I'll sort it for you, having done mine only last week.

Hi,

both the front and rear interior lights should both illuminate at the same time when any side door of the car is opened. If you find that sometimes only the front light illuminates when a door is opened and the back like stays off, it is very likely that the solder joint identified in the linked post above will fix the light.

If you find that sometimes no lights illuminate when a door is opened then the problem is probably in the door lock module itself. These switches can wear out but the most common fault is the solder joints inside the lock module. Unfortunatelly some dissasembly of the door is required to get the lock module out for repair (or replacement).

The boot light is likely to be the microswitch in the boot catch in the tailgate. The catch is easy to replace, however the boot trim has to come off first and this is held in place by incredibly strong clips.

regards

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. I’ll take a look at the book switch. The liner fell off the other day actually. And had to sit in the boot and bash it firmly into place. (Which given i now need to take off is a real shame!

If you have a soldering iron, then re-flowing the failed joint will sort it.

If you're ever near Warrington, give me a shout and I'll sort it for you, having done mine only last week.

Ok thanks. Yes we do come to Warrington now and again. I’ll try it though at the weekend. Slowly getting through the list of niggles !

Back