Warning lights

mac911rs4

Good morning all, just had an audible warning plus these indications show up and continue to flash on the dashboard. Only had the car a few weeks, had no trouble so far, any indications as to what this may be before it goes to the garage? Thanks in advance, mark, darn, just noticed, no option for photos on mobile, triangles in centre and top left cluster....

Hi Mark, off the top of my head I can't remember what these ones are, but have you been using the car over the last week, I know it's for your son*, so a second car. Often if you haven't used them for a while, and particularly in cold weather, you can get spurious error codes coming up on the dash, that quickly clear themselves after start/stopping the engine.

*It's only a matter of time before you realise how much fun these are to drive, and "your son's" becomes the "family runaround", then "it's mine, always has been" ;)

Good morning all, just had an audible warning plus these indications show up and continue to flash on the dashboard. Only had the car a few weeks, had no trouble so far, any indications as to what this may be before it goes to the garage? Thanks in advance, mark, darn, just noticed, no option for photos on mobile, triangles in centre and top left cluster....
Without a photo of the warnings it is a shot in the dark.

But check that the brake rake lights are coming on when they should. If the bulbs or the switch fails you get multiple warnings etc.

Steve B

If you've got a triangle on the clocks (is it inside a circle?), then it points toward your ESP/traction system being at fault. Possibly a wheel speed sensor and quite probably the front nearside (UK models) sensor - the wiring to the sensor at this wheel is often damaged when brake pads are changed and I've seen loads of them patched and bodged up.

Thanks for the initial comments guys, here's the image of what was on, only centre and left as the car was parked up when taken. IMG_7079.jpg

Thanks Jeremy, just posted an image if the dash, but hoping (if its not too bad) that Skiption's nailed it......When the car was service last week, they replaced front discs and pads, so this could be the issue if there's a bodged wiring sensor.
Guess it's a trip back to the garage....Car's well used i can assure you, love driving one of these again, hardly using ours at all, so if anything, i'm hoping we find all niggles and faults before George passes his test.
Cheers, M

Thanks Steve, yeh, appreciate without an image could be anything. Just posted a shot now i'm back home, but think Skipton may have nailed it, hoping anyway as the issue did not appear again on the way home this afternoon.

Hoping the image says it all Skipton01, no issue on the way back home, so clearly an intermittent fault and knowing our front pads and discs were done last week, you could have pin pointed the error?......
many thanks, mark. (hopefully an inexpensive fix), by the chap who may have bodged it......

If it is the n/s/f sensor wiring, there's a replacement loom available, which can be soldered or plugged into the ABS unit, whichever is preferable. Don't let them bodge it up again, as the amount of water/dirt/salt in the area means any repair there will fail sooner rather than later.

I had the same happen to me last year. The lights would come on most journeys. It started when Halfords changed a tyre, but the wires and sensors all seemed fine. A fault scan suggested the ABS pump was faulty. However, after changing the brake fluid, which hadn't been changed for a long time, the lights didn't come on anymore.

Tim

Back