Information Beloved A2 for Scrap :(

Paddys

My A2 (Black, standard 1.4TDI, 02 plate, 237k) has been off the road for the last 2 years and I really don't think I will ever fix it.

I believe the issue is that the fuel was never re-primed correctly after changing the cam belt however I can't swear that this is the only issue.

I was about to scrap it but thought it may be more use / value to someone on here.

I have been offered £180 for scrap but if someone wants to come and collect (even if they want to take it apart and sell the bits on here) then please get in touch ([email protected]) and make me an offer (the car is currently in Kent and is non-runner / SORN). It seems a real shame but I am not a mechanic and have no realistic prospect of ever getting it going again.

Thanks

PaddyS:(

Last edited:
My A2 (Black, standard 1.4TDI, 02 plate, 237k) has been off the road for the last 2 years and I really don't think I will ever fix it.

I believe the issue is that the fuel was never re-primed correctly after changing the cam belt however I can't swear that this is the only issue.

I was about to scrap it but thought it may be more use / value to someone on here.

I have been offered £180 for scrap but if someone wants to come and collect (even if they want to take it apart and sell the bits on here) then please get in touch ([email protected]) and make me an offer. It seems a real shame but I am not a mechanic and have no realistic prospect of ever getting it going again.

Thanks

PaddyS:(

Hi Paddy - I may be interested if the car is in Nottingham, Kent less so...

No, I was hoping people would see it here and let me know if they were interested. Scrapping next week if I don't hear anything....

Okay, probably not for me then.

A couple of questions though, if anybody else interested - all important, does it have OpenSky or BrokenSky?

OpenSky - or at least it was fully working when I last used it. The older one - now long gone - had BrokenSky - well it twisted the first time I used it... got it put back together by Audi and I never dared to touch it again! I have been careful with the newer one and always greased the seals to reduce the potential for disaster

hi would you consider selling the undertray separate if still in one piece, been searching for ages so worth asking ?

yes, it comes with a free A2 attached... collection from Kent ;) sorry I'm not mechanically minded and don't have time to take things apart - otherwise I'd be fixing it.

Id take it but I am stuck in Shetland lol

It would be a shame to see it scrapped, do you not fancy trying to fix it and just learn as you go ? That's kinda how I got into fixing cars, bikes etc

I will come and look at it paddy let me know and we can swap details.
all the best,
Drew

Last edited:
Back