Foglight surround clips

LordTJC

Unfortunately I hit a Pheasant a couple of days ago at about 45mph. At the end of the journey I noticed the black plastic surround around the fog light on the passenger side was sticking out. I pushed it back in but it didn't sit flush. Today I noticed it had come out again.

I've pushed it back in for now, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly. It clips in but it feels like it's got pressure against it and it's going to come off again. Any advice?

Tim

CAM02414.jpg

Push back and then in towards the centre grille. Worst case scenerio i've got replacements here.

Unfortunately I hit a Pheasant a couple of days ago at about 45mph. At the end of the journey I noticed the black plastic surround around the fog light on the passenger side was sticking out. I pushed it back in but it didn't sit flush. Today I noticed it had come out again.

I've pushed it back in for now, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly. It clips in but it feels like it's got pressure against it and it's going to come off again. Any advice?

Tim

View attachment 32437

It should go back flush, but sometimes you have to feel for the two plastic arms that clip in to the grill to make sure that they are seated properly and sometimes when you have pushed it in you need to try to slide it towards the grill slightly and it should then sit flush.

But you shouldn't have to force it into position it should not have much resistance.

Steve B

Thanks both. I pushed it towards the grill this morning and it clicked straight in. Now its sitting flush and secure. :)

Tim

Back