Under steering wheel trim wanted

Looking for the panel that goes under the drivers footwell which is complete in platinum with all clips complete all the plastic tabs have snapped off mine.
a4a189dccf5c16235b5e9e9b82620da6.jpg

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

It is easy to fabricate some plastic tabs as replacements. Then buy a product called "Q-bond". It is absolutely astonishing in how it bonds and the strength of the join!. It takes only seconds (just tip some powder over the joint and apply the activator.) Superb results! I've repaired countless things ....

David

Besides the plastic tabs you need the spring clips that sit on top of the tabs. If you have not got these spring clips they will be inside some more spring clips stuck in the dash - just been down this route and they will have to come out or a replacement trim part will not engage. Vaguely remember squeezing with pliers on the inside so they would pull out. Some pictures here but not that clear:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...olour-Storm-Headlight-switch-soft-touch/page5,

Personally I would not tackle gluing replacement tabs as they would have to be spot on.

I have the trim part loose at the moment so I can put up a decent enlargement of the clips in position if this helps.

Andy

Personally I would not tackle gluing replacement tabs as they would have to be spot on.

I wouldn't really call it a "glue" ..... it's a bonding system. I can recommend it from personal experience and not from conjecture.

David

Back