Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just testing..

1. Just testing..

Morning all,

I am testing the water on my A2 what you guys think it would go for.

She's a 1.4TDi SE 276k on the clock but just had a full engine rebuild with a full carbon clean, drives great now, full leather interior, working pan roof, she can be sold with the Fabia VRS alloys or with the SE ones recently fitted the slatted grill too. Passed it's mot in August with 3 advisories..

1) bald tyres at the from (all have been changed now).

2) top mount sticking (fixed).

3) corrosion on brake pipes.

With the rebuild the timing belt, water pump, oil, filters everything really was changed car has almost full service history first year missing (I think) everything since late 03'/04' is there.

Honestly is best..

Bad points

- Undertray is knackered but is holding with speed clips.

- Very slow leak coming from behind the gearbox.

- Currently sticking in reverse one you've went into it (within the last couple of days).

- Cracked sill (passenger side).

- Inch scratch on bonnet.

TIA

Thanks for reading.

*AGAIN JUST TESTING NOT SELLING*

But if I was looking around 1000.

Luke Vettraino Smith
    THEAUDISTALKER
    Last edited by THEAUDISTALKER; 28-11-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Do not sell keep and nurse it if you can, You have a smart looking A Two, what colour is it as it looks cool in the frost, very cool.
    how many seats. Keep Keep Keep, you will regret if you sell and have nightmares for a great many years. if you need 1k I will give it to you and you can pay me back at Barring's Bank Rates. Keep Keep Keep.

3. Users that liked this post:

THEAUDISTALKER (28-11-2017)

Some interior photos would be good, but on the whole it looks in fine fettle. I paid nearly that much for one with a known broken engine and no leather, if yours has a rebuilt engine and the exterior looks good I'd keep it too, but 1000 sounds to me a bargain.
    A2s
    1.4tdi Ebony Black w/Red Legends Leather, 202k miles, BOSE, RNS-E, ColourDIS (Baby Boomer)
    1.4tdi Mauritius Blue, OSS, BOSE, Black Sports Leather (Project X)
    1.6 FSI SE Ebony Black, BrokenSky (Dad's)

Scirocco Storm - Mk2 1.9 BRMotorSport, many upgrades, 23 yrs
    A6 Allroad - 3.0tdi - Leather, BOSE

Gone, but not forgotten:
    A2s: 2x1.6FSI, 2x1.4 (Po/ProjectY)
    A5 3.0tdi Coupe, 13xSciroccos, 3xCorrados inc mythical Campaign, 4xMk1 Golfs (3xN & 1xGLi Cabrio)

5. Users that liked this post:

I think it would have to be someone in the club that buys it, being more likely to appreciate what it is. The private market would probably just see it as an old car with 276k miles. I think 1000 would be a great buy for someone considering the recent work done and the cost to do it.

What would you replace it with?
    Steve
    0779zero965448

Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve

2004 TDi 140 SE - Ipanema brown full respray, turbo technics hybrid turbo, darkside developments custom cam, powerflow 2.5 inch stainless exhaust, drilled/grooved discs front and back, yellowstuff pads, H&R front and rear anti-roll bars, 18 inch Audi R8 alloys, opensky, BOSE, cruise and sports interior.

7. Users that liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by A2Steve View Post
    I think it would have to be someone in the club that buys it, being more likely to appreciate what it is. The private market would probably just see it as an old car with 276k miles. I think 1000 would be a great buy for someone considering the recent work done and the cost to do it.

What would you replace it with?
    Either that, or somebody who wants one as a "Spare" car, who is knowledgeable about A2s ... Remember, you'll be back ...
    A2s
    1.4tdi Ebony Black w/Red Legends Leather, 202k miles, BOSE, RNS-E, ColourDIS (Baby Boomer)
    1.4tdi Mauritius Blue, OSS, BOSE, Black Sports Leather (Project X)
    1.6 FSI SE Ebony Black, BrokenSky (Dad's)

Scirocco Storm - Mk2 1.9 BRMotorSport, many upgrades, 23 yrs
    A6 Allroad - 3.0tdi - Leather, BOSE

Gone, but not forgotten:
    A2s: 2x1.6FSI, 2x1.4 (Po/ProjectY)
    A5 3.0tdi Coupe, 13xSciroccos, 3xCorrados inc mythical Campaign, 4xMk1 Golfs (3xN & 1xGLi Cabrio)

9. Users that liked this post:

I like those wheels. Different and cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Users that liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by thestable View Post
    I like those wheels. Different and cool.
    Me too, cool colour
    Project - May 2003 A2 1.4i Sport, Azur Blue, black sports seats with lumbar, open sky, 17" 9 spoke wheels.
    Daily driver - July 2015 BMW 535d GT M Sport, Sophistico grey/ivory leather comforts, 21" wheels, head up display and 10 speaker Gladen audio install.

13. Users that liked this post:

If you do decide to sell your car at some point in the future please send me a PM and I will move this thread into the "for sale" section for you. It will save duplication and your time and effort in creating a new one, adding photos etc......

Cheers

Dave
    Cherry Red Tdi 90

15. Users that liked this post:

Can I have first Dibby Dibs if you decide to sell, would not like to see it clocking up anymore miles going Doon South.

17. Users that liked this post:

18. I just want to thank everyone for your replies.. this isn't the first time I've almost parted ways with the car but the love holds me too her! Reason for the test was because I got offered a A4 B6 2.5 V6 (pictured) in really good condition inc full votex kit for the money he wanted it for the car it was very tempting. I think I will hold on to my A2 a while longer but will keep some of you in mind if I do happen to sell it.

Thanks again folks

Luke Vettraino Smith
    THEAUDISTALKER