Where can I find +12v

JJIN

Easiest place to "steel" +12v from under the bonnet...? Trying to install some extra lights and need constant voltage to light them up.

Thanks

Lähetetty minun Lenovo A7600-F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Best bet is to tap off the back of the headlamp connector (or fogs if fitted) - not necessarily a constant 12V feed, but it can be if you have your lights switched on. Watch the current draw too - don't want fuses blowing all the time.

Best bet is to tap off the back of the headlamp connector (or fogs if fitted) - not necessarily a constant 12V feed, but it can be if you have your lights switched on. Watch the current draw too - don't want fuses blowing all the time.
Yes thats for wake up current, but I need constant high current for the lights. Like 10 amps or more.

Well, you're looking at the alternator area then, but I'm not going to get involved in that - fraught with danger. I'd suggest you obtain a copy of the wiring diagram and see what you can find.

I used the fan power wire going into the control box. It is in the right position too right in front and in the middle.

But I can’t temember if it is constant or not.
But it is a nice thick wire to feed off.

Steve B

what are you trying to put on? You'll need more than 10A for Xenon, I have 15A fuses for mine... but you could also just disconnect the standard high beam (kaukovalo, musta / valkoinen kaapeli) and use that to power the new lights?

I'd personally also rather put a new cable through, it's easy if you use the same hole as for the bonnet release.

- Bret

I used the fan power wire going into the control box. It is in the right position too right in front and in the middle.

But I can’t temember if it is constant or not.
But it is a nice thick wire to feed off.

Steve B
I looked these also, location is great.

what are you trying to put on? You'll need more than 10A for Xenon, I have 15A fuses for mine... but you could also just disconnect the standard high beam (kaukovalo, musta / valkoinen kaapeli) and use that to power the new lights?

I'd personally also rather put a new cable through, it's easy if you use the same hole as for the bonnet release.

- Bret
I installed 100w led bar. Dont want to loose original high beam's.

Do You mean new cable from the battery and take that trough the fire wall from the same hole that bonnet release cable?

End up stealing 12v from fan. Hope that the fuse doesn't blow up if high beams and fan is on at the same time...

Back