My black Audi A2 1.4 SE (Project noir)

thestable

Woohooo!!

I’ve got one! Just picked it up this morning.

1d90d6ee83585de54e2dceee876b2733.jpg

It needs a proper clean among other things.
From the drive home it needs the following immediately. It’s a shame it doesn’t have DIS but not the end of the world. Might update to colour DIS if I have any budget.

• Correct colour indicators
• Offside headlamp beam direction adjustment.
• Rollbar linkage dust cover replacements
• Nearside front wheel bearing replacement.
• Replace alloy wheels and tyres all-round
• Parking brake adjustment (application uneven)
• MOT
• Fix fuel pump button. (Not sure if it’s as simple as that or more electrical)
• Purchase parcel shelf cover
• re-gas aircon
• full service and filters
• full valet and paintwork issues addressed
• restore headlamps and fog lamps.
• locate the acceleration whine/squeal (sounds like fan belt noise)
• I’m yet to find out if the cam belt and water pump is needed to be changed. (Belt was changed a year or so ago, no mention of water pump though...)
• address stereo and fix antenna reception problem.
• Install sub and amp
• Window Wind deflectors
• Fuel cap release button replacement
• Replace matts (already got)
• Climate control buttons tidy up... either stickers or unit replacement.

Wish List
----

Cruise control (does anyone know how much that costs to install?)
Rear cup holder unit (if anyone has one i'd be interested in it)
DIS would be interested in Colour or standard! (Have no idea how expensive this is.. so if anyone has an idea i'd be interested to get costs)
rear arches paintwork to be sorted...Perhaps do this in the spring next year.

A couple of points I need to ask.
The drivers side door (front) doesn’t open very far. Is this normal? All others seem to open out a lot wider. (Check strap already bought from Depronman £25 + Delivery & £20 refundable deposit)

It has a false floor which is cool and hope that I can fit my bike rack in it and keep that out of the way. The clutch and gearbox feels great. The brakes seem decent too but will inspect them and see how they are looking. Think rear drums will need doing.

I’ll be putting in some fuel treatment and running on decent petrol.

aafcc0c13faed41fcda37092742e6074.jpg

e521a55ba3a30b5850133f69a218c7f7.jpg
a1327fdd225f38356923fb2b9c021cf3.jpg
f4fcf88c4ef3db5c527fafcdf5aac83b.jpg

Hopefully this should be done in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I might also mention that the car was bought from eBay for £370. The seller has had the car in the family from new.

Bargain! Similar price to ours, but it cost the same again to get it to some sort of standard. Good luck with it.

PS, the drivers door should open more than that.

The drivers door will be a failed check strap. Depronman does replacement one's for £20 That will outlast the door ;-)

Hiya, I might well have half the parts you need to sort most things. I feel a road trip up north for you :)

Ha ha. You could be right!

Once I’ve got the car taxed and MOT I will probably have to pay you a visit.

It might be worth it just so someone that knows these cars can have a look around it and help me with a shopping list!

The drivers door will be a failed check strap. Depronman does replacement one's for £20 That will outlast the door ;-)

I shall give him a message and get one ordered from him then.

Cheers A2Steve!

Well done buddy. I never had any luck with fixing my fuel release button once it popped out but you can get them pretty easily and it’s just a plug in module. Temp fix was to cover the switch top in parcel tape and tuck it round the edges before refitting it - worked for over a year (was still fine when I replaced it with a working one)

Well so far. I’ve bought a new switch for fuel cap. Wind deflectors. Paint to finish the wheel renovation. And bought a parcel shelf which will arrive from up north whenever possible.

I’ve been looking in to timmus posts about DIS install. It’s expensive but could be cool.

I’m thinking cruise control might be first up. Does anyone know how much it would be to get this installed?

So Project Noir is getting her bits done to get her through the MOT. Today she had her rear indicator bulbs replaced, ARB links replaced with new OEM ones and 2 of the 4 Fabia VRS wheels have gone to get new shoes on (Falken's i believe) whilst the remaining two are waiting for me to give them a few coats of grey and clear. She is about to go off to a friendly garage to have her wheel bearing/hub changed, offside headlight adjusted and HOPEFULLY through an MOT so hopefully I'll have her back in London early next week.

f9e71823145d106c803df5b08e8f02e8.jpg

a93533d6cfbd7920a261cdd65748af0d.jpg

b6427d57f4000b7da304b76a25923e98.jpg

I've received the new Petrol cap release button from the chaps at @creweaudi and picked up the window wind deflectors and 3m foam tape ready for when she's back with me. The parcel shelf roller is getting picked up next week, thats about it. Other than she'll get a bloody good wash and clean.

02eec3995a7d70d15feee71302a822b1.jpg

1d93faef05f256168d51a521cf4a0cf8.jpg

Get Christmas out the way and then think about a full on service and cam and water pump change.

Last edited:
So she’s all legal. Taxed. MOT’d. Insured.
Full engine service.
Timing belt change
Water pump change
Alloys painted
New tyres all round
Check strap replaced
New front wheel hub kit
New anti roll bar links at the front
Washed in and out

And for the pleasure I’m £750 lighter in the pocket plus whatever I spent on parts.

Runs great! Handles well. Clutch is a little bit in the high side but every Audi I have driven has had that.

There is one one issue which might be a result of my brothers work which is a beep on start up and a circle with dotted lines around it.

The breaks were checked apparently and were fine so I’m thinking it’s brake fluid. I’m certainly not spending anything on her until the new year.

But I’m happy to be driving a car again. There is a few dinks and donks on her paint work but I think that I will live with it. Stereo install and petrol cap release button next jobs for me.

eef085f8fb4a8555aec62833ecb19a8c.jpg
fd87da19f51f37c2574494fc72ef85f7.jpg

Woohooo!!

From the drive home it needs the following immediately. It’s a shame it doesn’t have DIS but not the end of the world. Might update to colour DIS if I have any budget.

• MOT
• re-gas aircon
• I’m yet to find out if the cam belt and water pump is needed to be changed. (Belt was changed a year or so ago, no mention of water pump though...)
• Install sub and amp
• Window Wind deflectors

Wish List
----

DIS would be interested in Colour or standard! (Have no idea how expensive this is.. so if anyone has an idea i'd be interested to get costs)

The drivers side door (front) doesn’t open very far. Is this normal? All others seem to open out a lot wider. (Check strap already bought from Depronman £25 + Delivery & £20 refundable deposit)

It has a false floor which is cool and hope that I can fit my bike rack in it and keep that out of the way. The clutch and gearbox feels great. The brakes seem decent too but will inspect them and see how they are looking. Think rear drums will need doing.

Woohooo!!

• MOT
• re-gas aircon
• Install sub and amp
• Window Wind deflectors

Wish List
----

Hi, nice job you done with your princess.

You mentioned in your original post "address stereo and fix antenna reception problem. " did you manage to get this sorted? I'm having the same issue. Are you able to guide me to try to fix this problem?

Thanks

Hi there,
Not yet. I'm still waiting for all the bits to install a 3rd party Alpine head unit and Sub/Amp at the same time. I'm hoping that the antenna will be sorted with this change over. if not a bit of investigation will be on the cards...

Miserable weather, can't be bothered to do any of the bits that I want to get sorted like changing the pads over to hopefully stop the pad warning light coming on. The facia adapter i bought for my head unit doesn't fit so can't fit that and the cruise control stalk is still in a box awaiting wire harness lengthening.

However whilst i was waiting to gain access to my road (Arsenal playing at home to Crystal Palace) i swapped over the last over the buttons to the climate control unit and tidied up some wear and tear.

The boot dried out over a few weeks and took it out yesterday in the rain and is back to wet and damp again so new seals are on the cards from Crewe audi hopefully. No point in installing Sub/Amp until thats sorted as less stuff to get wet the better!

Winter/living in london is rubbish for tinkering with cars when you've not even got a space to wash them! Any work i do to them i have to do at parents driveway in Weybridge...Which then involves having to communicate with my family.

I understand your frustrations totally. Sunday is my A2 pampering day but not in sleet and freezing conditions....:(

Well yesterday was a productive day! I’m so pleased!!! Thanks to all of the members that pointed me in the direction to vital info on fixing the vents and brake wear lights.

Replaced front discs and pads. The brake wear sensor wasn’t properly seated so it didn’t really need changing. But as I’d bought them I decided to do it anyway!

The bumper was a bit tricked to remove but not too bad. The drivers side vent was hanging out which is why water was getting in. These have both been replaced and all is good in the world.

Silicone spray in the seals means the windows now close with the wind deflectors in.

Great day! Love my little A2!!

Back