Limp mode :(

Grizzly_tj

Hi all,

I have a 1.4tdi that keeps going into limp mode, it kinda stutters when pulling away hard but get's past it about 60-70 ish, though if you then coast it goes into limp mode, it will also do it if you don't use full throttle when pulling away :( it's most frustrating !

Is there a diagnostic tool I can use to diagnose whats causing it ? Hopefully without visiting a dealer as I fear the cost would outlay the vehicle it's self.

many thanks in advance if you can help

Alan

Hi all,

I have a 1.4tdi that keeps going into limp mode, it kinda stutters when pulling away hard but get's past it about 60-70 ish, though if you then coast it goes into limp mode, it will also do it if you don't use full throttle when pulling away :( it's most frustrating !

Is there a diagnostic tool I can use to diagnose whats causing it ? Hopefully without visiting a dealer as I fear the cost would outlay the vehicle it's self.

many thanks in advance if you can help

Alan

There is a special cable and software called VCDS.

If you fancy popping iver to Staines tomorrow night I can do a full scan for you and we can see what error codes it throws up (no charge!)

Steve B

Hi Steve, that would be awesome of you, I work in iver, but never know what time I'm going to finish, where in Staines are you ?

Hi Steve, that would be awesome of you, I work in iver, but never know what time I'm going to finish, where in Staines are you ?

Late is ok so you could just call me when you finish and if I am around you can come over.

If you PM me I will give you the post code and address.

Steve B

Back