Picture of NEW STYLE ARB

ROKJ

Hi everyone,

I've been going through a bunch of posts about the Anti Roll Bar issue, the clonking and bushing replacing etc. Is there anyone out there that has a picture of the old, but most important, the New Style ARB? I found an explanation with an invalid link for a picture =(.
I want to know which one is currently fitted on my 1.4 Petrol -02, I might try to find a new style one if I've got the older...

Additional question; is it art no 8Z0 411 305M for the new style ARB, or is it the same for both old and new? Just to know when looking at used parts so I don't get an old one :)

Last edited:
I might be wrong but the differences won't be visually obvious. I think the older type have plastic collars to keep the bush in the right place on the arm. Later has a metal one. Maybe

Hers pics of one with metal collars.
96fe0d55eb85d8cf122fcceefcbb0524.jpg
3c705910ab9b5d5a47ee93fcf03ae042.jpg

Regards, M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecxellent, thank you for the quick reply! I think I see it, the "stopping collar" that prevents it from moving sideways, am I correct?

you can get the same affect as the latter ARB with the metal collar by adding a jubilee clamp on the outside of both LH and RH ARB bushes
When the jubilee clamps are tightened up they will never move

Cheers,

If you have the old bar you can break off the remains of the plastic collar, use the tighter bushes from a polo to grip the bar directly and use a pair of battery clamps. This worked worked well for me. The battery clamps (see pic attached) have a smooth flanged edge to go against the side of the bush. I just snipped off the bit for adding the wire.
I think i did this repair about 7 years ago.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?15875-ARB-polo-bush-and-battery-clamp

-ve_crimp_ring.jpg

Last edited:
you can get the same affect as the latter ARB with the metal collar by adding a jubilee clamp on the outside of both LH and RH ARB bushes
When the jubilee clamps are tightened up they will never move

Cheers,

Yes, I've seen that it's a common tip. I'm a bit concerned that it will move overtime and i really don't hve the time to redo stuff :p input appreciated though

If you have the old bar you can break off the remains of the plastic collar, use the tighter bushes from a polo to grip the bar directly and use a pair of battery clamps. This worked worked well for me. The battery clamps (see pic attached) have a smooth flanged edge to go against the side of the bush. I just snipped off the bit for adding the wire.
I think i did this repair about 7 years ago.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?15875-ARB-polo-bush-and-battery-clamp

View attachment 32609

Sounds like a good idea and the fact that it's worked long time for you, it has to considered a good solution. I'll look up if there are any suitable clamps.

Thanks for the inputs :)

Back