ATL oil refill hose to block: problem!

Olerype

Good news; think I now understand the reason for oil consumption

Bad news; scheduled MOT tomorrow 08:00AM!! Need as minimum to clean bottom oil sump.

The black plastic hose from servicehatch (oil refill) to engine block is completely lose. Have no idea what has happened, and what is wrong, what I need to repair etc

See photos (difficult access)

478B0206-968B-40A4-8DF9-A36D3CA30D6C.png

C44A7D08-486C-4EBD-ABCF-C5846DC966F4.jpeg

Pleased to hear you passed. How did you get it repaired before 8am the next day? I presume the Norwegian MOT is more strict than the UK version, so a 3 year gap is justified?

Did not repair it. I just whiped the engine clean for oil spill. Guess they do not look under the bonnet. Even managed to adjust the headlights. The car is now booked coming Tuesday at the dealership for repairing the oil refill hose, oil change and powersteering oilchange as well.

In Norway you can go for MOT 4 months before the due date, and MOT is valid for 2 years. That is what I do for every cars we have (A2 and Touran)

That’s quite amazing that there can be a 2 1/3 year break between tests - a lot can happen in that time which could make the car unroadworthy and I can’t ever see the UK government allowing such gaps between tests.

There was talk of putting the date of the first test back from 3 years from registration to 4 years, to reflect the general increased reliability of modern cars, but I don’t think it has ever progressed beyond the consultation stage.

First MOT is 4 years after first registration. Then every second year.

MOT is just a check if the car is roadworthy there and then. It is like our Touran; it is still on the original brake discs/pads after 100’ miles/10 years, and they will probably not last for another 2 years, but still pass MOT 6 months ago.

Not worried about the MOT, every year or every second year, more concerned about people driving under the influence or without insurance. In Norway there is also a problem with smugglers from the «east-block countries» that put 5 tons with beers into a van designed to carry 1 ton.

Back