Locking/Unlocking problem

smrco

Hello to all!

I have a problem. My remote controll keys aren't working, so i checked it with VAG com to find a error. Here is a video of locking/unlocking statuses...any ideas what could be wrong?

https://youtu.be/2CoMWksiA4c

Greetings from Slovenia!
Sebastijan

What's your convenience module part number? Is it a Q part by any chance? I'd say that you have a failing CCCU and swapping this out with a known working one is the first diagnostic step to try.

I actually had it fixed 6 moths ago. That was when i bought a car, and nothing was working...electric windows, rear bonnet, fuel tank doors, remote locking and so on. All the things are now working after the repair, just the remote locking isn't working.

Last edited:
So you've had what fixed? The CCCU? Have the key remotes never worked? It may be that you need to re-pair the remotes to the CCCU and this is documented on the Ross Tech website.

Yes, sorry, the CCCU was fixed. I have send it to Germany to repair. The keys were not working when i got the car, but the the last owner before me said that he bought a car when it was 8 years old from first owner, and the keys didn't work back than, but he never got it fixed. So i tought that CCCU repair will fix this, but it didn't.
I have tryed to re-pair the keys myself, but with no luck. Then i wen't to some car diagnostic company, and all they could say is that it can't be done if those faults that are still there arent fixed...the safe / de-safe lock faults.

Last edited:
One more thing...when i send my CCCU to repair i had to send it with one key, to be re-paired with it. So that should be done.
One other thing is that both keys are 100% working. This was tested by a diagnostic company.

Last edited:
One more thing...when i send my CCCU to repair i had to send it with one key, to be re-paires with it. So that should be done.
One other thing is that both keys are 100% working. This was tested by a diagnostic company.
If you have tried to pair the key to the repaired CCCU and VCDS will not recognise it, then perhaps the Key fobs are from a different model of CCCU. The main ones are the "Q" and the "AE" / "AF" etc.

The key fobs need to be the right ones for the CCCU unit. Keys for a "Q" CCCU will not pair to an "AE" / "AF" for example and vice versa.

Perhaps a previous owner replaced the fobs at some stage and used the wring ones?

You need to check that the Fob part numbers are correct for your CCCU part number.

Steve B

Ok, so my CCCU number is 8Z0 959 433 C
My car is 2000 1.4 16V AUA with open sky if that even matters.
I don't know if this CCCU was originaly fitted to this car, as i am not the first owner. If it is not, than i guess this could be the problem? Can i somehow check if it is the original CCCU?
Where can i found my key fob number?

Ok, so my CCCU number is 8Z0 959 433 C
My car is 2000 1.4 16V AUA with open sky if that even matters.
I don't know if this CCCU was originaly fitted to this car, as i am not the first owner. If it is not, than i guess this could be the problem? Can i somehow check if it is the original CCCU?
Where can i found my key fob number?
if you separate the two halves of the key, the part number should be on the button half of the two.

Steve B

Here is a picture of my key:

20171214_201704.jpg

Your part number on the key is 8Z0 837 231 (with no "D" at the end of that number)

I believe that key works with the early CCCU such as the "Q" version, but I cannot be sure.

When you try to pair the key to your CCCU does the message change to "Recognised" when you try to pair it?

If not, then it is likely that the key fob is either broken or is not one that matches the CCCU that you have (as I say I am not familiar with the ones that have a CCCU part number ending in "C")

Are you using the following process to pair the key

Selecting control unit 46 (the one that is the CCCU)
Then when you use that to pair the keys are you selecting "21" and then entering the position of the key (out of the 4 possible positions) then pressing the unlock on the key and look for "Recognised"?

If you are following the instructions on the Ross Tech site there is an error on those instructions. They say "Enter the number of keys you want to pair" but that is wrong, you can have up to 4 keys paired and in this step you have to make sure that you are coding the key into an unused position.
So you could try entering "4" that is the one position that is least likely to already be used.

If you are following their instructions and have two keys, by entering "2" you are trying to pair the key into position 2 and that is likely to be already used and that MIGHT explain why you are unable to pair the key.

(sorry that the above is a bit vague, I am out of the country at the moment and can't be more exact with the steps. But I have posted the exact instructions on here before so if you try to search for "Pair" on here, you might find it.

Steve B

I have tryed the step by step guide that you wrote, but nothing seems to happen.

Here is a photo that i just did:

20171215_005617.jpg

And here is a video of me doing what you described...I tryed this for both keys, and on all 4 channels...nothing happens. (video is showing just one kej on channel 1) Am i doing something wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0qcfun8Jus

Last edited:
Back