My lads new to him A2

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Well after the unfortunate turn with the purchase of the other A2, we tracked one down only 14 miles from where we live.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...ponsored&price-to=2000&postcode=bl53sb&page=2

Took it for a test drive and I can say it drives superb, no bangs rattles or squeeks........we are picking it tomorrow afternoon, hes over the moon . The only fly in the ointment is the glass panel at the front of the OSS is marked, you can just see it in the photo. Its rough to the touch and the seal is a strange hard filler type thing, im sure it should be rubber but I managed to knock a bit off the asking price.

Looked a good one when I saw it on auto trader, was tempted to view myself but the wrong time of year for me. Hope it all goes swimmingly buddy.
:cool:

Thanks Lachlan.............wrong time of year for us aswell but he needs it and hes very happy. bank of mum and dad..........lol

Thanks Steve..........might need a pump/compressor for it though...........his daughter ran over the one that came with the car.......lol

Looking at the first fixed glass panel I'd suggest that it is cracked and has been covered over with something.

As long as it doesn't bother you, that's all that matters.

Cheers
Jeff

Aye lads............., picked it up today, I drove it back from Bury with the wife behind me. bad day today rain wise and the first thing I noted was the wiper blade clicking on the up stroke, not everytime but more often than not. As luck would have it I had a spare at home from the breaker that I nearly sold not long back but the guy said that the rivets were loose so didnt want it......well they are not and after swapping it over , bingo,no clicking. I also noticed the nearside headlight has a bad graze mark, no problem, I will let him have the one off the breaker. Oh and just one more thing, this car has a six disc player right at the back of the glovebox, is that normal?, im thinking it is because it fits snug, and I often wondered why the box was so deep, so now I know, if that indeed is where it lives, but when we had a go at trying it out it wont work or seems not to. the radio is a concert model with just the cassette player, now I am wondering if the radio from the breaker will fit into the space where the concert lives in the lads.

media.jpg

media (1).jpg

Here you can see the bad glass on the roof. The seller did open the roof, I asked him to in case it broke so it would be him that did it.lol........on opening which it did smoothly
little bits of filler for want of a better word broke away he closed it and it seemed to seat ok. Today in this bad rain I kept an eye out for any water leaks and there was non whatsoever.

media (2).jpg

Last edited:
Is that a key switch for the passenger airbag I see (second picture, a bit out of focus, can't tell)?

I'm guessing it was an option, not necessarily year dependent?

Yes an option not year dependent
I can’t exactly remember one of your A2 is 2Din. I think the breaker is single din in which case the head unit should swap over ok I assume the new car is 2002 or latter ie head unit in canbus controlled ?
If new car is earlier then wiring and adapter are needed
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks a nice car Johnny, well done mate!
Not sure on the cd changer in the glovebox though, I could be wrong but I thought all A2 ones were fitted in the boot apart from the front loading double din unit!
Cheers Jeff

From the (fuzzy) photo I would say it was an aftermarket one which possibly worked at some point, but might have failed and just not bothered to be removed. Might be worth checking the cable if and when you pull out the HeadUnit.

Yes an option not year dependent
I can’t exactly remember one of your A2 is 2Din. I think the breaker is single din in which case the head unit should swap over ok I assume the new car is 2002 or latter ie head unit in canbus controlled ?
If new car is earlier then wiring and adapter are needed
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Paul, its the blue breaker that is single DIN, (whatever that means) the lads new car is a 54 plate, and the radio has no CD player only cassette.

This is the one in the blue breaker , the blue breaker is 05 plate.

DSC_0351.jpg

This is the one in the lads 54 plate.

DSC_0353.jpg

This is the cd player. and from the image I can now see that it is not OEM, its a sony unit.

DSC_0354.jpg

and yes, this is the front passenger airbag switch in the glovebox, there is a warning light up near the interior light switches that illuminates when its switched to off.

DSC_0355.jpg

So what I am asking is can the radio units be switched over from car to car, or in this case from the breaker to the lads car?.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Back