Scrapyard A2

Happened upon a black y-reg A2 that had just been taken in by a truck breaker local-ish to me - he doesn't normally deal in cars but the aluminium appealed to him so he now has it in his yard. Had a very quick look at it on Friday, managed to establish the following:

- 1.4 petrol with 154k on the clock
- MOT until May next year
- Opensky (no idea if working)
- Standard grey cloth interior (grubby but intact)
- A2 sport (I think) alloys, they're this kind.
- runs and drives, but apparently needs an EGR valve and ABS sensor.

Looked pretty tidy and intact overall, was quite surprised to see it heading for scrap.

So, the question is...do I save it? Either for parts of to resurrect it. He said he'd be looking at around £400 for the complete car, providing he hasn't signed the certificate of destruction. The very last thing I need is another project, but it seems a terrible shame to break it.

Any thoughts welcomed!

Andy

Forgot I took this...

a2.jpg

Hi Andy,

My two penneth, as you've described and looking at the picture I think it's overpriced at the amount suggested.
I'd price it circa £200

The wheels are 7 spoke 15" polished alloys that have been poorly painted - alloys from the Sport were 17" 9 spoke.

I doubt there's much worth any money on this car as a "breaker", so the only reason I can see in a purchase of this is as a long term project to fix up and drive.
Buying to fix and sell on is likely to net a financial loss, in my opinion - sad as it is to say.

Cheers
Jeff

Back