Drivers Door Card Removal?

Darren C

Admin Team
“My Drivers side front speaker is intermittently cutting out. Not sure if this is an earth fault or whether the speaker itself is knackered. Having heard of the damage caused by dealership incompetence; I’m not sure whether I should to try to fix this problem myself before resorting to the dealer to resolve”.

I have removed the speaker cover, thanks to advice from ‘shezlee’, but this does not seem to allow enough access to even find the screws, let alone remove the speaker itself or test any wiring.

I assume that the whole door card must therefore be removed first?

If this is correct, does anyone have a comprehensive guide on front ‘door card’ removal?

[I don’t like the idea of twisting and pulling at the ‘card’ without having a rough idea of exactly how it is secured to the door and what connections may need to be disconnected first!!].

Any help or advice welcome!!:eek:

Regards,

Darren

We had a problem similar to this with our A2. One of the rear speakers kept on cutting in & out. Took the car back to Audi, who ended up changing the Symphony II head unit which eventually cured the fault.

spike said:
Hi Darren

Recommend you obtain a manual - Check out this thread, I think Skipton still has some for sale
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3048&highlight=skipton01

IMO, You don't need a Haynes manual just to remove the door trim...

Have a look at this thread here. It's been discussed before. Links to pictures found in there as wel. Or search the forum for stuff like 'door trim remove'.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1712&highlight=door+trim+remove

Good luck.

Many thanks for your input guys.

In light of Rob’s comments, I mentioned the issue of the speaker to the dealer on Saturday, when I went to collect my new replacement alloy wheel centre caps.

They were able to look at the car on the day and after several hours wait agreed to replace the speaker, despite finding no fault. [I was lucky that the guy in the service department came out with me and witnessed the speaker cut out, because during the diagnostic examine it worked perfectly].

The replacement will be fitted next Saturday and will hopefully cure the problem. If not I will look to have the head unit replaced as per Rob’s diagnosis.

Thanks again!!:)

Back