VAG-COM Members

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hi,

I thought I'd start this thread for VAG-COM people to indicate what kind of interface they have, where they are located, and if they are able to help others with diagnostics/programming. I'll keep this top post updated with details:

Berkshire/Wiltshire - RossTech HEX-USB+CAN - ben
Manchester area - RossTech HEX-USB+CAN - Skipton01
North East - RossTech HEX-COM+CAN - spike

Good idea Ben, I'll throw my hat into the ring as well:

Manchester area - HEX+CAN USB interface

Cheers,

Mike

VAG-COM is an aftermarket diagnostic tool, which does the same (and more) as Audis own tools, VAS5051/2 and VAG1551/2 (these are their computers which they attach to your car during routine and non-routing service and help them with diagnosis and recoding of the vehicle).

The user base for VAG-COM is huge world-wide and the software is very mature indeed, with great back-up service from the authors themselves.

It is only via a VAG-COM unit that a proper servicing of the car can take place, as otherwise, you can't reset the service indicators (unless for fixed intervals) and it is invaluable in carrying out all kinds of other repair/servicing/diagnostic work.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Hi Ben, add me to the list

North East HEX COM+CAN (laptop too old for this new fangled USB stuff)

For anyone intersted in Vag Com check out the attached web site - Note I have no links with Gendan other than being a satisfied customer.
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

Cheers Spike

I bought a cheap one from ebay (Germany) runs release 409-1 and is very useful for diagnosing the old smoker (our A6Q) and clearing the fault codes. Not bad for £20ish and the free software. Mine works as a serial emulator using the USB port. Its fine but I think I'll upgrade to the full monty to communicate properly with everything.

Jonathan

I'm in Exeter most of the time but regularly in Dundee if anyone needs a scan

Just purchased the poor mans VAG-USB cable from Gendan and after a quick fiddle with the com port settings on my laptop everything in the gardens rosy ..excellent service from Gendan by the way. Now - anybody else got one of these as we need to swap tales on what they actually can and can't do - does'nt seem to like the auto scan function on release 409.1 but manages the individual options - not tried it 'live' so to speak with the motor running as yet. Also found the culprit responsible for setting off the alarm the other day - passenger door code - so after all the "but it was'nt me Dad" - caught red handed !

PS - Could anybody point me in the right direction for the service DVD/CD's I've seen mentioned elsewhere on the forum

Cheers - Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Just thought i'd add myself to the list as well.

I've just purchased also the 'poor man's' version of VAG- COM 409.1 USB Interface cable etc from Gendan for £39.95.

Must also echo whats been said before about the chaps at Gendan, - very helpfull !!!
Being a non technical computer type of chap, I ran into problems straight away when installing the cable driver etc. A call to Gendan , and a complete run through with every thing, got me up and running. Same again when I tested the software etc on the A2.

Looking forward to spending more time with it plugged into the car.
Knowing my luck probably blow all the electrics !!!
But don't let that put any one off in the Sheffield area wanting a quick scan.

Cheers Bob.

VAG-COM Owners

In response to a recent request, I've decided to start this thread to list all A2OC members who have diagnostic readers, whether hand-held stand-alone units or full blown VAG-COM systems.

So, it you have a system, please add yourself to this thread and we'll get a sticky drawn up for future reference.

It also goes without saying, that owners should keep their status updated, if they sell or otherwise are unable to perform scans.

Cheers,

Mike

PS I have full VAG-COM and am just outside Manchester, near Saddleworth.

Last edited:
VAG-COM Somerset

I have full VAG-COM, and I'm based in Somerset, between Bridgwater and Taunton.
Happy to help anyone who needs it.

AlanB

I have VAG-COM in Leeds.
Just the cheapy £18 Ebay lead and 409.1 software.
Happy to lend the lead and software to anyone in the area for the price of a pint.

Hi,

I've updated the Googlemap feature to show VAG-COM members. To get yours to show on the map do the following:

1) Make sure you have joined the group 'VAG-COM Members':
- Select User CP in top menu
- Select Group Memberships underneath Miscellaneous section
- Check Join Group against VAG-COM Mebers and submit

2) Edit your entry on the Googlemap:
- Select Googlemap ME in top menu
- Click on [Your Entry]
- Check settings are correct
- Click on 'Update the information'

Note that I've already completed Step 1 for those that have indicated they have a VAG-COM of some kind.

Ben

I have VAG-COM (Portishead, Bristol). It's just the freeware 409.1 software and third party lead. Not much experience but if you want a code read, error code cleared or basic stuff like cruise enabled then I'm happy to try and help.

Bargain Vag Com

Hi everyone.

£218.49 :D for HEX-CAN USB release 805 Vag-Com thanks to the 15% vat rate.

You to can get it from Marshalls Industrial Ltd. http://www.mi-uk.com/

Just wanted to tell everyone I have HEX-CAN USB release 805 Vag-Com.

I'm in the Oxfordshire area and willing to assist fellow A2oc members.

I have only just got this software so I'm still learning.

Regards Malcolm

I purchased a cheap interface from the site below
http://www.ecufix.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=182

It came with drivers and the earlier 409 vag-com. I could have got it cheaper elsewhere but it works fine on the A2 and will work with single or dual K lines.

The connector is a bit cheap looking / tight but the internal construction is excellent.

Talks to all but the A/C module without (comms) issues and has already saved me by solving my engine light issue and clearing all outstanding engine error codes.

Happy to assist others with error code reads if I can. Located on the M3/M27 junction.

Regards

vag com

ive got the following: West Yorkshire area - HEX+CAN USB interface
but although ive got it iam not much use - at the moment hopefully i'll pick stuff up as i go along ...
but anyone is welcome to pm me for a scan or reset etc if im closer than some other memebrs
Paul

Hi, I also have VAG COM and wouldn't mind scanning members cars. I'm not on here a lot though so please contact me on Amardeep Basi @ Google Mail . Com with no spaces. I am based in Leamington Spa

Vag-com

Having had a little help from Skipton01.
I can now add my self as a member with VAG-COM only the 704 version but workED well on my car this afternoon with Mikes help im in Bradford West Yorkshire if any one needs a scan.

Back