Code for Auto Locking Doors

bass.six

Hi one and all,

I have recently got the Vag-Com software and USB interface lead, and I am wanting to set the doors to lock automatically when the car is in motion.

I have had a look at some of the other threads on the subject but there is no clear instructions as the the part of Vag-Com I should use and where the code needs to be entered.

Is there anybody out there who can help?

Fingers crossed, Neil

The part you need to be looking at is control module 46 and the value stored in the coding section. If you have the latest official lead and software, the program will tell you of options when you hover the mouse over the relevant section.

If not, then a lot depends on the values you already have set.

Cheers,

Mike

I have recently found this page;

http://www.gerritspeek.nl/vag-com.html

that might be some help. There is a tips/tricks section with the anti-hijack option in it. It tells you (probably after translated) exactly what to do.

Never done it myself, maybe others can tell you if the information is correct.

Many thanks guys.

This site is the find of century for those smart people who actually have an A2. I will try these suggestions out and let you know how I get on.

Once more, thanks again.

Neil

VAG are finally thinking of the owner rather than the dealer (well only a little) - there is a convenience menu on the DIS of the EOS which allows this, and some other functions, to be set WITHOUT going to the dealer or a PC.

Yes, it's the same with the new Audis featuring MMI - you can alter the central locking, interior light levels, and a few other bits and bobs. Mind you, when you spend £30k on an A6, you would expect not to go to the dealer for such trivial stuff.

BTW, 602 Ian! Stick around eh?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi All,

I have had a dig around and came up with the following codes:
Soft Coding: 06858
Workshop Code: 02138

If any of you guys could tell what to do next, and what code to change it to, would be brilliant.

Once again thanks,
Neil

Last edited:
Skipton posted the workshop manual list...

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=32325&postcount=16

Just add up the 'bits' to work out what you want. You currently have:

4096 - Confirmation of unlocking with flashing
2048 - Terminal 87 USA door logic
512 - Confirmation of locking with flashing
128 - RHD
64 - Convenience via Remote Control
8 - Anti-theft alarm with interior monitor
2 - Confirmation of anti-theft alarm with flashing

But try 06890 - should get your autolocks working
Add another 16 to get the tailgate auto-lock working too - 06906

Ben