radio code

There's nothing you can do but go back to the dealer and ask for it, or to the seller, if private.

If the private seller doesn't have it, be cautious of the whole sale - we've had a member on here who bought a ringer a few months (could even be over a year) ago.

If from a dealer, you should get the code free of charge.

There are de-coding services out there, but again, be cautious.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Simon
Just stating the obvious - assuming you got the manual, the code card is normally attached to the inside front cover of the operating instructions booklet.

Cheers Spike

spike said:
Hi Simon
Just stating the obvious - assuming you got the manual, the code card is normally attached to the inside front cover of the operating instructions booklet.

Cheers Spike
yes mate its been removed
got to take out radio then phone audi with serial no.
they will give me code f.o.c
where can i get the removel keys from

knocker said:

Hi Simon,

You should be able to purchase the keys from your local dealership. If memory serves me right from previous threads, there are 'generic copies' available from most reputable audio outlets and of course trusty ol' 'ebay' has them for sale also. I am sure most people recommend using the genuine Audi keys though, as the copies can be rather fiddly to say the least.

Not sure on price, but I guess someone else will advise you there.

Cheers,

Darren

knocker said:
yes mate its been removed
got to take out radio then phone audi with serial no.
they will give me code f.o.c
It may be easie to just go down to a dealer with the radio in situ and ask them to help - they might be a bit reluctant to deal in serial numbers over the phone (any tom, dick or thieving scumbag could phone up with a serial number and a VIN from a radio they've just removed, possibly without opening the car first, if you get my meaning!).

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Simon
The radio removal keys are available from VagParts and cost over £15 for the set of 4 (10% off if you have the A2oc discount card)
As Skipton says, its worth visiting the Dealers as most will release the radio unit, probably FOC as it only takes seconds, then let you get on with removal and disconnection.
I assume they match the VIN or registration number with the radio serial number and require proof of ownership which could all be done while you are there.
Take care when extraction the radio as it is very easy to mark the trim. I use masking tape on the fascia, below the radio and an old pillow to put on the centre console - to rest it on while removing the plugs.

Cheers Spike

In the good old days when my local dealer was any good they put the code on my first service invoice f.o.c.

jonathanlailey said:
In the good old days when my local dealer was any good they put the code on my first service invoice f.o.c.
all sorted now... dealer took the radio out serial no etc
thanks for all you help cheers
hope you all have a very merry xmas
simon

well theres a cheak, audi here in cardiff wanted to charge £35 for the code for my tape deck stereo and they had to do it for me. couldnt give it over the phone or just give it for free if i went there with docs etc.
got an aftermarket one in the end as it had a cd and was £30 off my mate

Back