Does the 1.4 petrol engine use oil?

CooperS

Have a 1.4 petrol which has started to use oil. It has driven 67´ km. Has used 1 litre of long-life oil since last "big" service at 60´ km. Anyone with similar experience/problem?

Yes it was me Spike!

Audi had a look at the car and could not see any visible signs of a leak, so we are monitoring it at the moment.
We have identified that our car is mainly a city/village car and not a motorway car, it appears to use the oil on long runs 100ml+ constant 70-80mph.

Still odd however that we made similar long runs before the last service and no heavy oil usage:confused:

I guess at least it is logged in its warranty.

Doctor

Thanks! Our car has identical use to yours, doctor. Not so many motorways here. Please let me know of eventual outcome. Shall appreciate it.

Update.

Ok, we (the dealer and me) have monitored the oil situation and have come to the conclusion that it is all to do with our general drive of city/village drive and not motorway drive. My car has stabilised on its oil usage since our long distance drive.

As to the problem of reading the oil level on the dark grey dipstick, I have an idea:eek:

I am thinking of shrink wrapping a white sleeve (as in the electrical side of things) around the bottom of the dip stick so it highlights the level easier.

Does this sound feasible Spike:confused:

doctor

Hi doctor
The white colour is a good idea but I thought most heat shrink material was silicone based. If so, the oil may not stick too well. Still worth a try as it would be easy to remove if not successful.
On a similar theme I have heard of people using white Tippex typewriter correction fluid to coat the dipstick for easier reading. Its a quick fix but can't last very long

Cheers Spike

Back