Tesco & Morrisons Unleaded Petrol

Had my bad fuel experience last year thanks - never again!

I'm still trying to recoup my money from the littel bar steward who mixed chip fat in with his diesel!

Cheers,

Mike

A colleague at work's A2 suffered from this exact issue last week after a fill up at Tesco.. it's cost £120 to put right!

Was listening to 5 live radio this morning. Someone said that this fuel has high levels of ethanol and effects the oxygen sensor on the catalytic converter and it is this part which needs to be replaced on effected cars. As ethanol is highly corrosive and cars using this mix (Brazil and South America0 have to use stainless steel fuel pipes etc. what will the affect be on our European spec cars?

My A2 went in to Audi yesterday, just before the story broke, it's on the job sheet as a severe loss of power, the mechanic thought it sounded like a blown exhaust but this wasn't the case, waiting for the results of a fully diagnostic check!

Tank before last was a full tank of Tesco Super unleaded, not the T99 variety, after a long motorway journey refilled with the BP ultimate, then the problem started, not sure if the tesco fuel is to blame, bit of a coincidence though!:eek:

Good news!!

It's only a duff EGR valve, once replaced the car should be fine. Dealer reckons it's as a result of using cheap fuel when the last owner had it!

:D :D

Back