Glow Plug Light FLashing

Hi

whilst driving today the glow plug light started flashing. this was happening
after a few mins once car has been started.

anyone know what the fault is ?

Last time i had this it meant that i had lost a couple of brake lights.the light came on as soon as i touched the brake pedal ie. ist junction

Me too

I have currently got the same problem. This is the second time for me. The first was in Denmark on holiday. Initially this was not fun. I pulled over leaving the engine running as it seemed ok and did not want to run the risk of non starting. On reading the handbook it suggested there was a serious problem that had to be looked at by the audi people with their computer. Oh my! (not quite what I said) We drove carefully to the next town and found an Audi place. They were marvellous. Even though we spoke no Danish and they spoke only a little english the problem was looked at and despite not having the part (brake light switch) they reassured us it would be ok to drive on. All this took about 30 minutes to do and cost nothing.
On return to england we had the car repaired. Not quite the danish experience for customer service but ok in the end.
This fault has recurred this week and will be fixed under warranty next week, there is no replacement part in the UK so it has to be imported. The man said it was a common problem and the parts are also easily damaged in fitting. True or false?

Also has anyone out there had a problem with headlight bulbs blowing. We had the deflector stickers on while in Scandinavia where it is compulsory to run with daytime dipped lights. I had both bulbs blow while there. Was this just a freak coincidence or is there another possible cause, too hot or something?

And yes the A2 is the best car of its type despite what clarkson and co. might say. Why do Audi not see this?

I always drive with the lights on and in 30000 kms (20000 miles) I have replaced both low beam bulbs. The left one first and the right one the next day.

Back