Becker Traffic Pro wiring adapter

SirTrevor

Hi, I've just picked up from ebay (again?!:eek: ) a Becker unit. I have the audi dension ipod adapter already. Does this fit the Becker unit? The shape of the connectors looks the same from the pictures or could I just cut the Dension adapter and rewire the connections to match up with the outputs on the Becker?
If anyone has a Becker unit and the ipod adapter, any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks
ST

I have a Becker Grand prix, and it has standard ISO connectors, so I suspect that if the connector looks the same, it'll fit.

Thanks for the reply.
I've spent a few hours searching the web and you are right they are the same size but people have had issues over powering rear speakers because the becker's switching wire is on a different plug than audi's.
Did you buy a harness adapter or just plug in the audi ones?
Also, is it a much better unit than the standard concert? (I hope the answer is YES YES YES!)
Many thanks
ST

My A2 had a Pioneer unit when I bought it, so I don't know about the difference with the Concert unit, but I'm sure the Becker isn't worse. ;) It also looks almost like an original unit.

I had no problems with the speaker connections, but I had to switch one wire with the power connector. If I remember right, it was the wire from pin 7 to pin 4.

7 should be switched positive and 4 should be continous +12V, but on the car's connector pin 4 was empty and 7 was continous 12V.

Back