Stealth Club Vs The Rest

wooly A2

As you all know Stealth have done more than their fair share of Remaps on this site and it seems that we have a bit of a club thing going on here ......

But so as not to leave out all you other guys who've had your Pride and Joy
Tinkered with how about a thread where we can all see the before and after results of your remaps this is open to anyone who has taken the remap route .......

It does not matter if you had the remap done by Stealth, Revo, Abt, Jabbasport, CccTech, AmdTechnik, Awesome Gti Or whoever ,
We are all United in are choice of wheels so lets compare how many
Stealth Cars we have in the club Vs The Rest .....

Ill start the ball rolling :::

Stealth Racing
Before
85.8bhp @ 4053rpm
163.1lb/ft @ 2569rpm
After
98.7bhp @ 3288rpm
178.6lb/ft @ 2625rpm
Latest
110 Bhp...189.6 lb/ft

Last edited:
Stealth Racing Club Member :D

Unfortunately I do not have any 'stock' figures to quote, but I do have an initial remap figure from another source to compare against the now remapped Stealth statistics.

Initial Remap
BHP :- 101.4 @ 3936 rpm
Torque :- 182.5lbft @ 2391 rpm

Stealth Remap
BHP :- 100.2 @ 3822 rpm
Torque :- 213.4lbft @ 2182 rpm

Suffice to say that I am more than a tad pleased with the torque figure from my TDI75, which compares admirably with some of the mapped TDI90 stats. :cool:

Stealth Racing and the A2 go together like 'salt & pepper' in my book!! :p

I'll add Tank to the stats after the compo closes next Saturday.

Although in the Awesome Club, rather than the Stealth Society (I do have a little advert for them both though), Tank has been thoroughly fettled by Robin, John, Graham and Vince, especially in the suspension department, so he could be an honorary member, I suppose.

Cheers,

Mike

I will post mine once i have the milltek exhaust and induction kit fitted and another rolling road session probably at jabbasport as they are local:D

Can i join the club:rolleyes: but i can not give you the BHP or the torque as they are variable at the moment but around 109bhp and 220 lbs:D

maybe we can have a roling road day at stealth and see what all the chiped A2s are putting out and then go for a curry after what do you think.:confused:

Colin said:
Are stealth still offering a special price on their Remaps????????
yes if you ring and ask Vince say that robin said then he should give it at the same price

cheers
robin

Got mine done last month at Stealth and here were the results:

Before
78.9bhp@3476rpm
166lbs/ft@2226

After two rolling road runs to tweak the power curve:

97.1php@3821rpm
207.1lbs/ft@2132

Quite chuffed with the torque it produces. I can now pop it into 5th when I'm doing 35-40Mph (on the speedo not GPS speed) and is much happier than it was before. One other thing I noticed was that I could just about get up a long inclined road nearby (Ash Bank Road) doing 40Mph in 5th before the remap. I can now accelerate VERY easily if I put my foot down a little bit.

Still makes me grin when I boot it through the gears! Nice plume of smoke in my rear view mirror...

P.S

Glad you saw the light Simon, you won't regret it!

anyone remapped a 1.6FSI?

Hi, have been wondering if anyone had or if it's even possible to remap the 1.6FSI for smoother acceleration in the lower gears and/or any more bhp?

Haven't been able to find any info on this on the web so far, makes me wonder if it's even possible.

Thanks,
RC

rlc said:
Hi, have been wondering if anyone had or if it's even possible to remap the 1.6FSI for smoother acceleration in the lower gears and/or any more bhp?

Haven't been able to find any info on this on the web so far, makes me wonder if it's even possible.

Thanks,
RC
The FSi can indeed be remapped, although the power gains are not as dramatic as the diesels, due to a lack of a turbo.

Still, about 10 extra horses are available and the power curve should be smoother after a rolling road tune.

Cheers,

Mike

re: anyone remapped a 1.6FSI?

Brill', thanks Mike. Sounds reasonable...10 horses are 10 horses eh ;)

Any idea where's good to get such a thing done...and rough ideas of costs etc?

Thanks again!

RC

rlc said:
Brill', thanks Mike. Sounds reasonable...10 horses are 10 horses eh ;)

Any idea where's good to get such a thing done...and rough ideas of costs etc?

Thanks again!

RC

If you ring vince at stealth he will be able to give you a price as it will be more than we charge for the TDIs as you have to remove the chip of the board

cheers
Robin

Mine was as standard:

87.5 bhp @3880 rpm
168.3 lb/ft @ 2352

after re-map:

106.2 @ 3871
179 lb/ft @ 2432

Vince said it was the most powerful standard 75 they'd had at Stealth... I'm happy with the result especially as economy has improved on a run, but seeing some of the torque you guys have I'm envious!!!

Robin,

Any ideas why mine didn't get the 200+lb/ft a few others have? Have you got an improved map now?? Don't understand how I got 11 lb/ft improvement while others have 40+, especially starting out with such a strong engine??

Here are mine result (yes also a Stealth remap!!)

Standard (before)
79.9 bhp @ 3439
155.2 Lb/ft @ 2324

Modified (after)
103.5 bhp @ 3957
182.8 Lb/ft @ 2277

And yes I am very happy

SimonT said:
Mine was as standard:

87.5 bhp @3880 rpm
168.3 lb/ft @ 2352

after re-map:

106.2 @ 3871
179 lb/ft @ 2432

Vince said it was the most powerful standard 75 they'd had at Stealth... I'm happy with the result especially as economy has improved on a run, but seeing some of the torque you guys have I'm envious!!!

Robin,

Any ideas why mine didn't get the 200+lb/ft a few others have? Have you got an improved map now?? Don't understand how I got 11 lb/ft improvement while others have 40+, especially starting out with such a strong engine??

Your figure does sound about right, my torque figure post Jabbasport is 189 lb-ft, map is in the signature. Maybe Stealth can explain the different results?

SimonT said:
Mine was as standard:

87.5 bhp @3880 rpm
168.3 lb/ft @ 2352

after re-map:

106.2 @ 3871
179 lb/ft @ 2432

Robin,

Hi Simon
every map that we do on the roling road will be tuned for that car so all the maps will not be the same.:eek:
As for the the BHP it all depends on what you have got at start as all the A2s are not the same if you have more at the start like you then the gaine is less

maybe you need to change your air filter or maybe it is the fule that you use as all these things will make a change to the BHP that you can get if you was to put your car on the rollers then it could give a diffrent reading +or - as mine has been on with diffrent fule and the reading was down a bit but it was the same map the weather also has a lot to do with it as well
but the maine thing is that the car is better for the remap
so don't be envious!!! enjoy what you have but we all want more:confused:

Cheers
Robin

Back