Exploded manifold!

humps

A2OC Donor
Took my car to APS for a clutch, cambelt and water pump change last Friday. As expected, it took the best part of the day. Unfortunately when everything was assembled back together at the end of the day, I got a dreading face from the guys, 'a manifold exploded' was the description. I went along to see it to find oil spilled out a little at the bottom of the engine... So far guessing the component was already cracked and the engine movement meant it was well and truely finished. So I could have ended up calling the AA in the middle of the M40 but I had a ride in a 410bhp RS4 to the train station instead. Hopefully they'll be able to source the parts from the dealer next week...

humps said:
Took my car to APS for a clutch, cambelt and water pump change last Friday. As expected, it took the best part of the day. Unfortunately when everything was assembled back together at the end of the day, I got a dreading face from the guys, 'a manifold exploded' was the description. I went along to see it to find oil spilled out a little at the bottom of the engine... So far guessing the component was already cracked and the engine movement meant it was well and truely finished. So I could have ended up calling the AA in the middle of the M40 but I had a ride in a 410bhp RS4 to the train station instead. Hopefully they'll be able to source the parts from the dealer next week...
b****r!

Fingers crossed for you,

Cheers,

Mike

I knew my clutch was heavy and it turns out the clutch had nothing left! After only 40k miles of London driving. I suppose only 200mm of clutch plate isn't a lot of hard wearing stuff.

Back