Help loss of power

Marco77

Need help

The wife was on the phone saying she has lost all power in her car 3rd gear was the best gear for power before now she said she is lucky to get to 40mph

She also said she smelt something burning on startup for a few seconds then went away.

Also there are no warning lights so what could be wrong.

Is it possible the maf sensor has gone??

Marco77 said:
Need help

The wife was on the phone saying she has lost all power in her car 3rd gear was the best gear for power before now she said she is lucky to get to 40mph

She also said she smelt something burning on startup for a few seconds then went away.

Also there are no warning lights so what could be wrong.

Is it possible the maf sensor has gone??
Seriously doubt it's the MAF. It sounds more fundamental than that - you can run the car without a MAF attached - it just resorts to basic settings.

The burning smell could be anything from electrical to burning oil, or even (hope it's not) an animal caught up in the engine bay.

The best bet is a dealer diagnosis, or if out of warranty, a similar scan done by an independant.

Cheers,

Mike

Could also be a split or blown off turbo inlet pipe, happened to my A4, clouds of smoke, looked quite spectacular to the bloke behind me!!

right it seems to be a sticky caliper as the o/s/f wheel was absolutely roasting hot.

gave it a good banging seems to be fixed for now will keep my eye on it though.

Hi Marco,

If you would like another opinion, drop me a PM; I am about 20 mins from you..... and have done a lot of brakes.

ScotAlan

Back