engine management warning lamp

dunners

The engine management warning light illuminated on the dash for one journey - approximately 60 miles. I then booked the car in for a diagnostics check, but the light has now gone off, so have cancelled diagnostics.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Do you have any ideas as to what could have caused this? Should I re-book for a diagnostics check anyway, or wait for the light to illuminate again?

The car runs fine and everything seems normal. Have run for an hour and taken it up to temperature, and everythings seems fine and there is no management warning light.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

David

Engine

Mine done the same for a while then stayed on it was the lambda sensor. the part cost £82 plus £10 to fit and clear light .

depends on whether you have a warranty or not, if you have you should take it in as their diagnostic check might show something you may not be aware of and will get sorted under warranty.
Don.

Had similar prob my self, light came on and so I booked it into the dealer.
On the following day as I was about to drive over to Audi, no light, dealer asked to see the car anyway as the fault could have been recorded by the cars computer.....it was, turns out I had confused the speed sensor, spend most of my time driving round town and local roads only doing 40 max...decided to blow a few cobwebs out on a dual track and hay presto....engine management light comes on...turns out the car doesn't like change...gets confused...bless!

light shows up and then desapear

hi i bought an a2 to and the engine management warning lamp shows up sometimes and the desapear i realy dont know what to do the light shows up normaly when i push the pedal to 6000 any ideas??????

Always get the car scanned to try to eliminate/prove the fault, otherwise it's all guess work.

It might be wise to let us know where you are, so we can see where the nearest Vag com member to you is, who will be able to carry out a scan to see what secrets the cars computer is holding in it's memory.

Cheers

Sarge

management light

thanks for the quick reply i live in portugal and im going to an audi dealer to check the problem god help me im not rich :( lol

thanks for the quick reply i live in portugal and im going to an audi dealer to check the problem god help me im not rich :( lol

As your in Portugal, I don't know if there's any members here living over there with Vag Com. However, ask the dealer what the charge is for a scan, and then ask around local garages to see what they will charge. You might be surprised how many people use Vag Com equipement.

There's always the option of buying your very own equipment for scanning 'VAG' cars, and even may be making a little money from it, or at worst making it pay for it self.

Cheers

Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
engine management light

I have a 2002 A4 1.8T Quattro, 5 speed manual transmission. I bought it in 2007 in the UK and shipped it to Perth, Australia, recently. I never had any problems with engine management light until few weeks ago.

The first time the light went on was a few weeks ago when I stalled while reversing. The light stayed on for a while, then few days later it went off.

Last week, it happened again when I took an emergency turn probably at the speed of around 60km/hr. It has stayed on since. I'll see for another week if it will go off by itself, if not I will take it for diagnostic check.

I had my car serviced about a month ago, and the mechanic told me that everything looks fine that's why I'm not too worried. I also don't see any noticable issues with the engine. It seems to be running OK.

I guess AndyC is right, the car does not like change.

mine has been coming on recently and going off again. It's a "known problem" in that it happens sometimes and the amount of really good reasons for it is high, but the inability of it to stay on is not good.

I will have to check mine because it neeeds to be off before I go for Katsastus (MoT).

Bret

Just bought a second hand Audi A2, had some warning light on the dashboard after a few days, ABS and traction control. Now, after 1 day of getting the car back from the garage ( where they apparently checked for faults etc ) I have a new problem: the Engine Management Light has come on and the car is going very very slowly. So I will have to take it back to the garage again. Seems the car will have spent more time in the garage then at home.

Is your A2 petrol or diesel ?
If you can get us some fault code info we may be able to offer some advice

Cheers Spike

Emission Management Warning light on dashboard

Hi, I had my ever trusty 1.4D A2 for 6 or 7 years, and sold it last year. But I couldn't bear not having one, so bought myself a nice 04 registered 1.4D 90hp yesterday, and whilst driving it back home, that Emission Management warning lit up on the dash, coinciding with me substantially losing power. Of course I pulled up and checked the manual, and when I started up again the revs and power had returned, so I decided to trundle home all the way at 60 mph. I'm obviously going to book it in for diagnostics, but I'm asking if there's anyone out there who's found a happy resolution to the same problem...

Thanks

Whereabouts is the engine management light i have a tdi 75 i fear the previous owner disconnected it to hide the damaged intercooler problem

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

It's within the speedo binnacle I.e the one on the right. It should light up when you put the ignition on.

Last edited:
Never thought of that just been and checked cheeky sod must taken the bulb out

Never thought of that just been and checked cheeky sod must taken the bulb out

I still blush when I think about it: the scrote who sold me mine put a black balloon over the light to hide a litany of faults that took A massive amount of expense to put right. When I finally uncovered it, it shone brightly until I changed the Nox sensor at a further £180.

All I can say is that if you jump on every fault as soon as it comes up you spread the workload and become less despondent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi my a2 warning engine light also popped up last night not sure why but car runs ok could this be engine failure or just faulty sensors ?

Does any one know how to check the fault codes?

Hello,
You need to read the OBD codes.
There is a socket under the steering wheel, near the handle to open the bonnet catch.
A basic scanner gives codes which you can google and is very cheap. More expensive ones are wireless or more functional.
A friendly person or Garage might do it free.

Hello,
You need to read the OBD codes.
There is a socket under the steering wheel, near the handle to open the bonnet catch.
A basic scanner gives codes which you can google and is very cheap. More expensive ones are wireless or more functional.
A friendly person or Garage might do it free.

Luckily i got a 6 mth warranty for repairs:)

Back