S3 Avus??

Krippa

Hello Audiots! As a new owner to an A2 (1,6), I glad I found this site!!! Question for today is: Does the S3 17 Avus(-00) type of wheels fit....if so what rims should be recomended ? Pitcures would be nice too!.:
Greatings from SWEDEN!
Krippa

as there the same stud patern id say they'd fit, not sure on the particular wheel but id imagine the offset be within the range need

They should fit as other people have fitted 17" TT alloys, and the S3 avus is the same 5x100 stud pattern offset I would guess around ET35, but you'd need to check that. All it would need is a different size tyre.

There were several sets of Avus alloys int eh classifieds on Audi-sport.net a few days back.

Hello Audiots! As a new owner to an A2 (1,6), I glad I found this site!!! Question for today is: Does the S3 17 Avus(-00) type of wheels fit....if so what rims should be recomended ? Pitcures would be nice too!.:
Greatings from SWEDEN!
Krippa

Any S3 wheel (old 8L type) will fit the A2, as the standard 17" A2 wheel is in fact an A3 wheel.

As long as you keep overall diameters below the 610mm mark (that's for standard suspension by the way) and widths less than 215mm, you should be fine.

You may encounter a tiny amount of rubbing on the fronts, but that'll only be on full lock and is dependant on your off-sets.

Cheers,

Mike

Hello Audilovers! I have now got my S3 wheels on, with 205-40s! Looks nice, very nice, even my wife told me it looks fine!! The ride is a little stiff/hard but the grip in conering are something else! Mabe i could have chosen 215 but I did not dare ordering without knowing if there would be some clearingproblems! Anyhowe Iam really satisfide with the looks! Today it is in for Mr Cap treatment Paintcleaning/sealing) ....Soon as the sun comes out during the next days I will try to arange with some pitcures.
Love from Stockholm. ( sorry about the spelling and language)

haha - i have same...

And I thought I was alone in Stockholm with this setup. I mounted Dunlop Sport MAXX in 215/40-17

attachment.php

Last edited:
Yes, the 7J17" with ET 38 mm will fit, these are the orig. A2 S-lines.
But there is a version in 7J or 7,5J with ET 45mm, this will not fit.

not exactly....

Yes, the 7J17" with ET 38 mm will fit, these are the orig. A2 S-lines.
But there is a version in 7J or 7,5J with ET 45mm, this will not fit.

Actually original A2 S-lines look different - they are the ones with 9 spokes - look below

6796374421.jpg

My wheels are original from S3 - dimension is 7,5x17. Offset is i think ET38 - and yes they do fit as you can see on the picture - but you can not use them in Germany because you need TÜV-paper that it fits the car - and these wheels were never certified for A2. In Sweden you can put whatever wheels you want - the only criteria 3 you have to fulfill is that the wheels do not touch the car anywhere, that the wheels do not stick outside the arches (not wider than the car) and that the tyre circumference (perimeter) is within +-5% of the original tyres.

The tyre size I use is 215/40-17 because i thing 205/40-17 would be too narrow for 7,5 inch whide rim. I was thinking about getting 225/35-17 from the beggining but they were much more expensive and I suspect much less comfortable.

Yes, the imitate ones (MAM) are 7,5J ET 38 9 spoke and do fit. I know. But The orig. 9Spoke S-lines for the A2 are 7J17 ET 38 and they have not a A2 part number. So it is as skripton wrote.

I said: There are other S-line with 7 or 7,5J 17 in ET45, they will not fit without changing the ET by using spacers.

I just don't know, from wich Audi model they are. (As I remember, they were 9-spoke.)

Last edited:
S3 avus from Sweden

Hi there A2 lovers! I will try to send a picture off my 1,6 fsi as i promised in the star of this thread.... hope i succed.

Wheels !!

Has anyone found a wheel / tyre combination that works on the A2 Sport instead of 17" alloys with very low profile tyres? Ideally I'm looking for 15" alloys and much deeper rubber - I live out West and we have lots of low profile tyre destroying potholes out here and its getting very expensive !!

Has anyone found a wheel / tyre combination that works on the A2 Sport instead of 17" alloys with very low profile tyres? Ideally I'm looking for 15" alloys and much deeper rubber - I live out West and we have lots of low profile tyre destroying potholes out here and its getting very expensive !!

See my reply to your duplicate post.

Cheers,

Mike

Back