Gearbox problems

Mr Smurf

This morning when I was driving to work, I hit one of santas reindeers with my car and that broke the entire front of my car and my radiator.

I could drive the car, and I did not get any warning messages but I was unable to shift gears.. The 5:th gear was stuck in.

I guess there will be no presents for me next year since I've killed Rudolf.

Apparently engine and gearbox is part of the deformation zone, and even a small hit (in the wrong place) can move the engine and gearbox..

And since the body of the reindeer hit on top of the engine, things are looking bad...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Hopefully the damage sustained will be substantially less than you fear and your A2 will be restored to pristine condition in due course.

Darren

pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg

Blimey - that was one heck of an impact!

Looking at the main impact point, it was directly over the gear shift mechanism, so it is no wonder that you had a bit of a problem!

Here in the UK, we have a rule (might be a law, but not sure) that if you kill something on the road, you cannot go back and pick it up for food, but the next person behind you can. Looks like some lucky person will have a full freezer!

Hope the car is repairable and that all the occupants are OK.

Cheers,

Mike

In Sweden it's ok to pick up wild animals if you hit them.. but not domestic reindeers.

But to "hit" animals for food, you need to aim for the head so you don't destroy the meat. ;)

Good news, everyone!

The car will be repaired.

The repairs will cost about £4000, covered by the insurance company.

The insurance company will probably kill me if I wreck the car again..

Note to self: don't wreck car

Excellent news - why not invest in having a set of 'bull bars' made to lessen the damage from future road kill;)

Cheers,

Mike

Back