Powerflex bushes

fivetones

Anyone tried them?

The quickest way making a car feel new again is new suspension arm bushes. Powerflex are nice in that they are poly bushes but not as rock hard as a lot of poly bushes.

I've used them to great effect on two other VAG cars before (Golf2 and Corrado) - just wondered if anyone had tried them on an A2?

I've see some posts about solving the ARB problem with them (though the ARB problem is now a dealer fixable thing nowadays isn't it as it's a recognised fault?).

I would be interested to know if anyone has tried them too.
Looked on the Powerflex site and they dont seem to list them, are they the same as a polo? ( they are said to be the same as the 9N polo )
I rang them and they said they were so i ordered some from a dealer on e bay
Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes VW Polo Mk4 Typ 9N Front / 2xPFF85-201 £33.71 Despite ringing Powerflex and asking them for the correct application i have just cut out the old bushes only to find that they are wrong!:mad: Too small, i will ask them what the correct ones are on Monday.

Last edited:
My only experience of Powerflex bushes was on my S2 quattro a few years ago - I put in the Powerflex bushes on the rear differential mount (the rubber bushes were shot and was getting transmission thump) - I took the Powerflex bushes off again after about 2months as the increase in vibration sent back into the chassis as a result was hideous!

I was talking to the guys at Awesome about PowerFlex bushes, of all varieties. They have had much the same experience with them as Dan had with his S2, and also find that, after a few months, they can get quite squeeky. Whilst I'm sure they have their place on cars modded for out-n-out performance, they're certainly not for my A2.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
you'll have to see where it goes though. For the A2's ARB mount, I don't think hardness of the poly-bush makes any difference. And if it lasts longer, then the better.

But if you talk about things like wishbone bushes, mounts then the stiffness will affect for better or worse depending on where it is being used. I was going to fit powerflex on my other car's lower wishbones but I don't want extra stiffness so I'll be using normal rubber. But ARB mounting, shouldn't make much difference.

Powerflex dont actually do any officially for the A2 at the monent but I am going to trial some for them shortly so I will start a new thread for it.

Back