Leather interior

dan_b

A2OC Donor
Hi all
Was leather seats a factory option - I've seen quite a few A2s now and none have leather. Leather is so much easier to wipe clean after the baby has thrown food/drink all over it!

As an alternative, has anyone had their interior re-trimmed in leather? What sort of cost is involved for that?

Cheers

Leather was a factory option but is rare! I agree it is very practical altho' I find the Alcantra I have a good second best ( also rare). Would guess a retrim in leather has to be anything from £700 upwards depending on leather quality and exactly which surfaces are trimmed. Main problem IMO would be lack of heated seats which from past experience is essential with leather in winter.

leather is superb, especially with small kids, better than alcantara.
Alcantara doesn't need heating, though, and grips better in the corners. Full leather at the rear and alcantara at the front?

Bret

My 2003 A2 had very light coloured cloth upolstery from new. I bought the car in Sept 2007 and got very fed up with water stains appearing on edge of the seats every time you opened the doors when it was raining.

I decided on a leather retrim and had the work done by these guys. It now has 2 tone leather seats - black centre sections (perforated) and beige elsewhere. Door cards and headrests also done. Was expensive (over £800) but has transformed the internal look and feel of the car. Involved two trips to Seat Surgeons, one to discuss design and one 10 days later for fitting (took them about 5 hours so paid a visit to York Railway Museum).

7 months since fitting and they still look and smell brand new. Suggest you give them a bell.

The Seat Surgeons Ltd
Harwood Rd
Northminster Business Pk
Upper Poppleton, York, YO26 6QU
01904 795092‎

I've never really seen the need for heated seats with leather, even in winter - you warm up quickly. The only thing is you can play silly games by turning on the heating element of your passenger when they're not looking and see how long it takes them to notice their backside is frying!

A re-trim looks like it could be an option - does it cause any problems with airbags?

I've never really seen the need for heated seats with leather, even in winter - you warm up quickly.

Totally! But given I always wear jeans and trousers, I never found the cold touch. Ladies with mini-skirts will have a different opinion no doubt! The problem with leather is in the hot days (rare in UK) where you wear shorts and sit on a sun baked piece of leather! Ouch!

I would love to have the new A4's ventilated seat option.

Hi Alan,
Could you post some pictures of your leather seats? It would be interesting to see.

Thanks
Keith

Photo of the red leather below::)

PAINTEDHUBS21O4O8038.jpg

@Graham - are those factory fit or a re-trim? Anyone know of any re-trim companies in SW London area who could do the A2 ok?

That's factory leather (he said answering for Graham!!) - exactly as per Tank (although I don't have a red steering wheel.

Cheers,

Mike

The seats look fantastic but at this point in time im more interested in the rubber mats.Are they Audi own or some other, expensive or cheap. Biege carpet + children dont mix, can anyone help in my quest to find rubber matts.

Hi Briitt,

Rubber mats are genuine Audi parts and are readily available from the dealership.

I have a full set all round and can recommend their durability and build quality. Off hand I can't remember their exact cost, but around £50 for a front and rear set isn't light years off the mark.

You may have to wait a few days for the stock to come in once ordered though.

Cheers,

Darren

Back