Speedo in miles to register in UK

C_ReGA

Hi guys, i have my speedometer showing Kilometers and in order to register my left hand drive Audi A2, 1.4TDi, 2001 in UK i need to convert it to Miles. Do you have any ideas on the cheapest way to do so? Because one of local Audi services gave me a quote of about £500 for the job, which looks a bit too much to me... Let me know what you think, do i have a chance to make it for less?

there's an issue because the miles Tacho isn't even all the way round (otherwise, I'd already have a miles paper wotsit). There was, once upon a time, a miles Tacho over in one of the recyclers in Germany (i can't remember which one, erstens might know), so you could use that. Or just get a new Kombiinstrument and away you go - but it MUST be from a brit car.

You could of course just change the plastic with the numbers on to fit....

Bret

I do have a brand new miles Tacho!!. I bought it from ebay UK. It is with FIS (bordcomputer). So maybe we could trade and change them;)
(but I want to install it on my A2)

speedo dials might help

Hi, thanks to tdiman for idea, i had it on my mind but being Russian it is sometimes hard to think of a right word to search for online, so after tdiman mentioned dials, i found a company called woodlock that sells them, contacted, now i need to send them the picture of my tacho/speedo ;) so they suggest me the right dial.. hope it works.

Speedo in miles sorted

It has been a long and hard road to find someone to make dials for A2, official Audi.co.uk`s customer service - was horror, no help at all! But finally i found http://www.protech-uk.co.uk/ - the guy Jon was very helpful and quick to respond to e-mails, so my mate helped me to uninstall the dials and send it to them, it took 1 month and about £80 to produce the dials, the quality was good and now i got this box ticked, next thing is changing the headlights to dip left which VCA requires, went to garage that did the MOT, result - they do not have any device to test the headlights and make a statement whether they dip left or right ;) they just check the height, so now i got the new task on my hands, if anyone has any ideas i would be gratefull if you post them here.

Back