Rattling in vent?

L.Hurst

Since I brought my car I noticed the passenger left side vent had the middle peice missing (the peice which you move the vent left/right, up/down), and while driving around I can hear the peice inside the vent rattling around, and it is very annoying. I can not see the peice, so I wondering whether anyone has any tips or advise on how to possibly getting this peice out, and leaving me with a peaceful drive.

Is there an easy way of removing the vent front?

Thanks

L.Hurst

"passenger side left", so the outermost vent on the passenger side of a UK vehicle?

You'll need to remove the glovebox, which is five torx 20 screws. Then a looong screwdriver and some brute force.

Still interested? If so, I might be able to write some instructions, but that's the gist...

Bret

sounds abit drastic for an amateur like me, so I think I'll leave it and turn up the radio louder. just wanted to see if there might of been a easy way of poppin the front off.
Thanks for advise and reply.

L.Hurst

To pop the front off, you need to remove the vent unfortunately!

However, if the slat is lurking within the body of the vent, you can remove the other slats (useing restrained force and pliers whos jaws you have lined with a scrap of leather to stop marking the plastic) and reach in to retrieve it.

The slats are attached via 2 pivots - you'll be able to see the pivot holes on the one that got away!

If you still don;t want to do it, I can take a look if you're ever down my way, or we meet at a social.

Cheers,

Mike

I did remove the slats, but it is just the rectangular plastic bit on the middle slat which has dissappeared, and it was not to be seen, so the bit must be further in the vent pipe, so think i will leave it for now.
thanks for the help and advise anyway.

Yes if im ever in the area that would be great to meet with other A2 owners, as Im keen to mod my A2 but am a novice.

many thanks

L.Hurst

Not quite the same problem, but the slats on my nearside vent have all popped out of their keepers, so you cant adjust the airflow, unless you direct each slat manually :( Not a big issue though, I will fix it eventually!

Back